Author Topic: Thomas Malone, b Runcorn,Cheshire.  (Read 1727 times)

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Thomas Malone, b Runcorn,Cheshire.
« on: Thursday 16 July 09 11:38 BST (UK) »
He was born in 1870...father George and mother Ellen (Knight).In 1889 he joined the West Riding Regiment and later,1914 rejoined the same regiment.He was aged 44 on his second tour and his papers show him as married.He was single on his first enlistment.
I am trying to find details of his marriage.Can anyone help,please?
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Malone, b Runcorn,Cheshire.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 16 July 09 11:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you found him in the 1911 census which will show if he was married then and give his wife's name? This will make it easier to search as there are lots of Thomas Malone marriages bw  1889 and 1914. Any idea what county we are looking in?

Jan
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 July 09 14:00 BST (UK) »
Hiya...in case you haven`t got his birth.....it`s on freebmd
Thomas Malone b June Qtr 1870 Runcorn Ref No 8a 208...........
44 marriages for Thomas Malone on freebmd from 1889 to 1914..only ONE  in West Riding though..
Sep Qtr 1900 in Leeds Ref No 9b 1062.....I`ll check on Yorksbmd...yes it`s on there
Thomas Malone to Annie Hannon 1900 at Leeds Registered building Ref No RB/136/49
.allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 July 09 17:33 BST (UK) »
Strange, if this is the marriage they should be coming up in the 1901 census, but I can't see them. The only Thomas Malone with an Annie are brother and sister.

However if you do a general search in the 1911 there is a Thomas Malone born abt 1871. He is in Halifax and in the column where it says schedule type it says Military, so this could be him. You need to buy credits to check. If so I wonder if he was still in the army in 1901 and was stationed somewhere?

Jan
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline KLM

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Malone, b Runcorn,CheshirCOMPLETEDe.
« Reply #4 on: Monday 17 August 09 15:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Jan,
Sorry for the delay.Yes the 1871 date and Halifax both tie in.He apparently settled in Halifax ,certainly after he was demobbed in 1916.Thank you for your help.
Malone...Cheshire & Lancashire.Boswell...Bucks and Hunts.Lister...Yorkshire and Lancashire.