Author Topic: Preeson St Liverpool history of  (Read 1058 times)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Preeson St Liverpool history of
« on: Sunday 02 May 04 08:22 BST (UK) »
a lady in US has asked me to find out how Preeson Steet got it's name.

She is decended  from Preesons who leftf Liverpool in the late 1600's

I would like to find out somthing for her

Help really appreciated
Gill Rice N Wales
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline Catherine

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re:Preeson St Liverpool history of
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 May 04 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi!

I typed in Liverpool street names, and it came up with a list of street, there was a Preeson Row, and they say it was named after Alderman Thomas Preeson c. 1660.

Hope this is of use.

Catherine    :)

Offline GillSmith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re:Preeson St Liverpool history of
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 May 04 06:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much for that. It fit time and place and is a great lead

Cheers Gill
Calvert Scotland<br />Coleman Ireland, Flynn Co. Mayo.<br />Gough Ireland,O'Brien,Ireland Smith, Todd Scotland, Tovey Wales and Bedminster, Donley Ireland and Cumbria, Morrine Scotland,Grierson Scotland,Maban Scotland,Bell Scotland, McKie. Hurse from Somerset. Scotland.<br />Johnston Scotland.<br />Hope Scotland<br />Rea Scotland<br />Jardine,Elliot Scotland,Almond,Smith England, Hodges Cheshire.<br />Thompson Northern Ireland,<br />Ireland,Scotland and Wales

Offline Preeson

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Preeson St Liverpool history of
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 15:58 GMT (UK) »
I've sent a separate message to you as well.  I am in the uS and a Preeson decendent.  Can you provide me with the person who asked for your help so we might talk to each other?

Valerie