Author Topic: look up keogh  (Read 3091 times)

Offline jo_46

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
look up keogh
« on: Wednesday 29 July 09 10:10 BST (UK) »
I've finally knocked a brick out of the brick wall of the o'neill family history. :D

Ive managed to contact my aunt in scotland and she has told me she thinks my great grandmother was called Elizabeth keogh ( maiden name).
On the LDS website i found 2 Elizabeth Keoghs.  One born 1865 and one born 1872. For some reason I feel it could be the first as it seems she had a brother called Laurence.  My granfather's brother was called John laurence O'neill.  i'm probably plucking at straws again.
i was wondering if anyone can find a marriage for Elizabeth Keogh and matthew o'neill?  The family lived in kilcullen.
Any help would be grarefully received.

Jo

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: look up keogh
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 12:44 BST (UK) »
Index to Irish civil registrations is online (free) so you can search for the marriage yourself and if you find a match you'll have the details needed to order the certificate (names, year/quarter, registration district, volume, page).
Index (search bride and groom separately them cross-reference results for matching details)-
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
Hints-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,357532.0.html
GRO-
www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jo_46

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 16:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the links.  Will get onto it straight away and see if i can knock anymore bricks out.
Jo

Offline Kamilla

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 July 09 23:59 BST (UK) »
Look up the phone book for the Kilcullin Library and ask the librarian in the Heritage area.

Offline MaureenDillon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 27 April 10 10:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have an Elizabeth Keogh in my family tree. My g-g-grandmother was Elizabeth Keogh. She married a Patrick Dillon in @1850-1852, so safe to assume she would have been born @20 years previous to that. (I haven't come across the birth or death record yet)

They lived in Ballybarney, near Calverstown, which is no more than 5 miles from Kilcullen.  I know when I was looking up the records there were a lot of O'Neill's as witnesses, etc., on my family tree records.  I couold dig them out and have a look??

Not sure if any of this helps or not.

Maureen.

Offline Ismisefiadh

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 September 22 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have an Elizabeth Keogh in my family tree. My g-g-grandmother was Elizabeth Keogh. She married a Patrick Dillon in @1850-1852, so safe to assume she would have been born @20 years previous to that. (I haven't come across the birth or death record yet)

They lived in Ballybarney, near Calverstown, which is no more than 5 miles from Kilcullen.  I know when I was looking up the records there were a lot of O'Neill's as witnesses, etc., on my family tree records.  I couold dig them out and have a look??

Not sure if any of this helps or not.

Maureen.

Hi Maureen,

My name is Fiadh (from Maynooth) just discovered my connection to a Patrick Dillon from Ballybarney who married an Elizabeth...(I assume your g g grandmother Keogh). Do you know if they had a child called Frances/Fanney/Fanny born around 1851? Trying to track a connection to Carlow potentially from DNA results but coming short on where the Carlow connection comes in. Any details available about Patrick Dillon/Elizabeth Keogh would be much appreciated.

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 September 22 21:40 BST (UK) »
Welcome to RootsChat
Maureen hasn't been here since 2010 but if her email hasn't changed she should get a notification of your post.
Otherwise.
You need to have a look in Narraghmore parish records for a baptism.
https://registers.nli.ie/parishes/0473