Author Topic: Gwendoline Ranger  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Gwendoline Ranger
« on: Wednesday 29 July 09 10:33 BST (UK) »
Can anyone help at all,
 i am looking for my grt Aunt  Gwendoline Rangerand family who move to Canada about 1928 onwards, i am not sure if she was married before or after she emigrated, her maiden name was  Mcgarth b. 1907 Pontypridd Wales i believe she married a John Ranger and they had a daughter Linda, i have an old diary with an address  which is not very clearly written i think it is,   2066 Grana Blvd N.W Montreal Canada,  would love to contact any living family , thank you
Jaz

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Gwendoline Ranger
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 15:13 BST (UK) »
If you look at http://www.findmypast.com/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action there are some hits for Gwendoline Ranger in 1951 and 1955 (must have been back in the UK visiting family).  Linda is with her.

She appears to have gone first in 1930, as Gwendoline McGarth.

You can look up Montreal directories here:
http://bibnum2.bnquebec.ca/bna/lovell/
For example in 1940 there are a few entries John Ranger and J. Ranger, although neither at 2066 Grand Blvd (which must be what the correct address should be).

By 1950 there is John Ranger, frmn CNR (fireman, Canadian National Railway, I presume), at 2066 Grand Blvd, he remains there in 1960, they are no longer there in 1970; so you can look through the intervening years and see when they left that address and if you can work out if they perhaps moved somewhere else in Montreal.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 16:28 BST (UK) »
Looking through the Drouin records for Quebec the following events took place at Montreal (Anglican Saint Alban)

Marriage of John Thomas Ranger of 5853 Chateaubriard Ave. Montreal, Quebec to Gwendolyn Ida McGarth of 5821 Chateaubriard Ave., by licence, on April 18, 1931.  Wit: Harry Ernest and Rachel Ranger.

Birth of 3 sons - recent births so names are recorded as initials in this reply and only birth year given
D.L. Ranger, 6054 Normanville St. (?) Montreal christened at Montreal but born in Calgary 1936
B.T. Ranger, father labourer of 5899 De La Roche St. Montreal, born at Royal Quebec Hospital 1938
J. G. Ranger, b. 1940 5002 chabot St. Montreal.

Haven't found a record of a birth for Linda.

Debbie

Offline Jaz

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 22:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Debbie,
Thank you so very much for all this information i really appreciate you taking the time to look all this up for me, i did not think i would get so much info, you have been a real help i never knew there were more children , Thank  you again
Jaz