Author Topic: LACEY - Loosley Row  (Read 4532 times)

Offline TGB

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
LACEY - Loosley Row
« on: Wednesday 19 August 09 20:15 BST (UK) »
I'm looking for info on Samuel Lacey, b.abt 1805 in Loosley Row.  Died probably between 1851 and 1861 in Princes Risborough.  He married Mary Parslow in 1830. 

Have been unable to find the names of Samuel's parents and would like to very much. 

I understand that the Princes Risborough census for 1821 and 1831 has survived... does it include the names of all household members?  Would anyone be kind enough to check it for my Samuel Lacey?

Also, might his parents names have been recorded on his death certificate?  Could someone check or advice me how to go about ordering a copy?

Thanks

Offline Bucksgirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Lacey, Loosley Row
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 August 09 05:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

Easiest way to check for births, marriages & deaths is to go to the FreeBMD website.  There is a death of a Samuel Lacey in 1855 in the Wycombe area.  Then go to GRO website & with the reference supplied on FreeBMD, order the certificate.  This is the cheapest way of getting a cert.

Jenny
Dundas, Angus Scotland / Earp, Staffs / Langford, London / Kipling, Hull /  Peel, Cumber / Green & Common, Northumb / Raw, Yorks / Ball, Stevens, Folly, Morrice, Montague, Beeson, Peedle, Peddle & Tucker all Bucks

Offline Orpheus

• RootsChat Senior
  • Quartermain arms
    • View Profile
Re: Lacey, Loosley Row
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 August 09 11:41 BST (UK) »
Hello TGB

Yes, the 1821 and 1831 censuses for Princes Risborough have survived but neither contains the names of all household members.  However, the 1821 return does include the sex and ages (within a five or ten year range) of all household members.  There were five LACEY households in Loosley Row in this return:

The household of Absalom LACEY included:
1 male aged between 50 and 60
1 male aged between 30 and 40
1 male aged between 20 and 30
1 male aged between 10 and 15
1 male aged between 5 and 10
1 male aged under 5
1 female aged between 50 and 60
1 female aged between 20 and 30
1 female aged under 5
Total 9 persons which included 2 employed in agriculture

The household of John LACEY included:
1 male aged between 20 and 30
1 male aged between 15 and 20
1 male aged under 5
1 female aged between 5 and 10
Total 5 persons which included 1 employed in agriculture

The household of Thomas LACEY included:
1 male aged between 50 and 60
1 male aged between 15 and 20
1 female aged between 50 and 60
Total 3 persons including 1 employed in trade or handicraft

The household of Samuel LACEY included:
2 males aged between 10 and 15
1 male aged between 5 and 10
1 female aged under 5
Total 5 persons including 1 employed in trade or handicraft

The household of Solomon LACEY included:
1 male aged under 5
1 female aged between 5 and 10
1 female aged under 5
Total 5 persons including 1 employed in agriculture

The 1831 return gives the name of the head of the household, the total number of males and females in the household, the number of males in the household aged above 20 years, and the trade or occupation of the head of the household.  In this return both Thomas LACEY and Samuel LACEY are described as sawyers which is the occupation followed by 'your' Samuel, who, in 1831, is living in the town of Princes Risborough.  Transcripts of both the 1821 and 1831 census, together with a number of other records, are included in 'The People of Princes Risborough' Volumes One and Two published by The EurekA Partnership (www.eurekapartnership.com)

With regard to obtaining a certificate follow the instructions given by Jenny but it is very unlikely that it would include the names of Samuel's parents.

Orpheus

Quartermain and variants - Oxfordshire
Wiggins - Oxfordshire
Lowe - Charney Bassett, Berkshire
Bettle - Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire
Marshall - Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire
Goodman - Buckinghamshire

Offline Peonynon

• RootsChat Member
  • Joseph Laye - Died 30.05.1917 Wancourt, France
    • View Profile
Re: LACEY - Loosley Row
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi

You can purchase the CD of parish records for Princes Risborough from Bucks FHS website.
http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/

Hopefully the following information will help:

Princes Risborough Parish Records:

Baptism  19 Mar 1807   Samuel born 19 Feb 1807 son of Joseph & Ann LACEY

Peony

Looking For
Edward Peckover Baptism abt 1765 in/near Aynho, Northants

Name Interests:
Beds: Litchfield, Long
Bucks: Austin, Ridgley, Harris, Laye, Page, Allen, Dosett, Seymour, Goodall
Berkshire: Ley, Bosier
London: Larkin, Moss
Northants: Litchfield
Oxon: Dumbleton, Eborn, Webb
Tyrone: Burrowes, McAlister, Hazleton, Stewart, Boyc
Cavan:  FLanagan, Brown, Hunter, Cox

Offline paulma

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 19:40 BST (UK) »
Hi
I was very interested to learn about the 1821 census and this connection
My relation is Absolom Lacey b 1790 Loosley Row and I couldt never find his parents either.He married Harriot Hammon in 1816
I noticed the entry regarding the 1821 census and an Absolom Lacey and assume they both fit together
My Absolom Lacey would be around 30 at the time of the census.Since there is an older man in the 50 to 60 age group can I assume this older man would be the householder named ie Absolom Lacey (senior)
Is this man my Absalom Lacey's long lost father perhaps
Thanks for any help you can give in confirming this

Offline OLDSEADOG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 29 December 11 10:19 GMT (UK) »
We have a Jesse LACEY, b.1796 in Princes Risborough ( a SAWYER). On his marr cert Father's name is Thomas - Could this be the son of Loosley Row Thomas (DATES SEEM TO WORK OUT ) - might Samuel be Jesse's brother ? If so we can follow that line through to marr with Gordons, with some photo's taken  at Lacey wedding in 1915

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 30 December 11 19:51 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for info on Samuel Lacey, b.abt 1805 in Loosley Row.  Died probably between 1851 and 1861 in Princes Risborough.  He married Mary Parslow in 1830. 

Have been unable to find the names of Samuel's parents and would like to very much. 

I understand that the Princes Risborough census for 1821 and 1831 has survived... does it include the names of all household members?  Would anyone be kind enough to check it for my Samuel Lacey?

Also, might his parents names have been recorded on his death certificate?  Could someone check or advice me how to go about ordering a copy?

Thanks

There is a Samuel Lacey, buried 24 Dec 1855.  @ St.Mary's, Princes Risborough.  Aged 50, of the town.

Samuel Lacey baptised to Joseph & Ann Lacey, died and was buried  22 Jul 1808.  Aged 1.  of Lacey Green.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

St.Mary's, Princes Risborough.

Baptism - 11 Mar 1810.   Samuel, born 1st Jan 1810.  Son of Thomas & Rebecca LACEY, Labourer.

Marriage  7 Nov 1803   by Banns.   Thos(x)LACEY otp  to   Rebecca(x)JANES otp.   Witnesses - John(x) Birch & Thomas Ayres.

Steve. :)

From BucksFHS.  St.Mary's, Princes Risborough.  PR Disc.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/