Author Topic: Raf Police  (Read 956 times)

Offline globby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Raf Police
« on: Saturday 29 August 09 13:31 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me as I've reached a brick wall.

My wifes Father was married in St Marys Church Disley (then Chester) December 16th 1930

His name was Robert Derbyshire b1900 and his wife was called Madge Broom b1912, we know about him but the problem is his wife.

On the marriage certificate she states her fathers name as John Broom, occupation Policeman R.A.F (not present) and her residence as 9 Halton Camp Wendover (this is an R.A.F base).

We think Madge is not her real name and we don't know her exact date of birth or place of birth.

Family history has it he married her for a bet but it was an organised event and he married on his birthday with his sister as a witness. The story is she left him after six or seven weeks and she had left for Christmas Island.

I cannot narrow down any details for Madge as this may be short for Margaret / Madge / Madeline.

I have tried emailing R.A.F Halton but they haven't replied.

I have contacted the ex R.A.F police website and they posted a plea on their forum on my behalf (I couldn't join) but no result, as it's over 70 years ago I don't think there would be anyone alive who would remember John Broom or his family.

We cannot get Johns R.A.F record as we are not directly family which I believe you need to be or be able to prove as my wifes Mother is another woman.

I need to find Madge because I think (in my own head) she may have had a child who would then be my wifes half sister/brother.

Hope this is of any use to you.