Author Topic: Redmond Condon and Mary Luddy from Mitchellstown to NZ  (Read 7459 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Redmond Condon and Mary Luddy from Mitchellstown to NZ
« Reply #9 on: Friday 04 September 09 14:26 BST (UK) »
When the number appears on the IGI entries it sometimes (but not always) says it's the page number. There's been at least one RC thread where someone has asked what the numers meant and the question was answered.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline alfresco01

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 04 September 09 14:31 BST (UK) »
again, thanks very much for the direction.  I have now found Ellen's birth and death registrations - fantastic.  From here, can I then order Printouts based on the page number or is it better to order the film through my local LDS Family History Centre and get a copy from the film.  Cheers, Denise

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 04 September 09 15:54 BST (UK) »
You can order the birth certificate from GRO-
www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm
Fill in name, year, registration district, volume and page numer ut do NOT mention LDS references as that sometimes causes them to reject applications!
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline alfresco01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 05 September 09 00:42 BST (UK) »
i cannot believe that in a matter of an hour, Rootschat has found an ancestor that I have been chasing for weeks.  Thanks again - I was just checking the 'Star' rating system on rootschat and how it relates to number of postings.  Based on this information, is it ok to just ask anything no matter how much research I have done myself?  I have been trying to leave questions, to the site, as a last resort but with the great results of last night can see that I should perhaps ask more questions more often.   There are obviously a lot more resources and links that I need to find to help in this quest. 
As a secondary question, I started with one tree and now have 4, are there any good tips on how people keep organised - I tend to start looking for a Condon and then think, 'I might as well look for a Fogarty while I am here' next thing I am off on another path.  Of course, it doesn't help that my family and my husband's family come from the same area in Ireland.....scary really.   Thanks, Denise

Offline Simon Berry

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 01 July 20 00:20 BST (UK) »
It is now 2020 and this chat session originated in 2009. Is the session still alive? By way of introduction / identification Redmond Condon b. 1857 was my Great Grandfather. He died at 41 Prospect Terrace, Auckland - the home of his son Redmond Joseph, his daughter-in-law Gertrude Annie Alice & his 2 Grand daughters Joan and Eily. My mother Joan married the boy across the road. His favoured hunting dog was, from recollection, named Buster but that was before my time. I may be able to contribute to the chat session. I also have an outstanding question regarding the original Redmond as I believe Mary Luddy was his second wife.