Author Topic: Completed If anyone needs help in Tipperary  (Read 33584 times)

Offline Oaks and Acorns

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: If anyone needs help in Tipperary
« Reply #27 on: Friday 23 October 09 23:56 BST (UK) »

- back in college and haven't really had time to come on here.

Since Annie is back in college and doesn't have much time to come on here now, I would suggest you post a New Topic and open your questions up to the wider RootsChat community.

Dara.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Completed: Re: If anyone needs help in Tipperary
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 24 October 09 20:51 BST (UK) »
Hi..if anyone needs any help in searching for their ancestors in Tipperary..I may be able to help someone. I can do searches in the census office here providing I have details of who the family were and what townsland they lived in.

Regards,

Ann Marie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline john kavanagh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 24 October 09 21:13 BST (UK) »
Hi sorry to bother you but I’m looking for info on the following surnames.

Maher, Kavanagh, Ryan, Raleigh, Mckeever, Buckley, Noonan, Mcgill

John Kavanagh (my GG Grandfather) (His address was Stradavoher,Thurles, Ireland) who married Eliza Maher on 7th August 1906 (her address was Quarry street, Thurles, Ireland) my granddads father`s parents names were Edward kavanagh and Mary Kenna or Kinna, married 15/04/1882 On the marriage record Edward Kavanagh`s father was Nicholas Kavanagh and Mary Kenna or Kinna father was John Kinna or Kenna. They were married at roman cathedral Thurles
Edward and Mary had four children, John 1886, Michael 1889, Edward 1891, Bridget 1893

John kavanagh and Eliza lived in Thurles co Tipperary believe also to be living at 77 Holy Cross Place, Charleville, Ireland they had the following children, James, Nick, Eamonn, Maisie, Josie, Bridget, Sean, Margaret. birth dates not known??????

Nicholas Moved to London and died in 1983, Maisie married a John Ryan also from Charleville and they had 13 children, Elizabeth, Billy, Joseph, Jimmy, Regina, Mary Michael, John, Margaret, Edmund Kathleen, Patrick , Josie married unknown Raleigh, Bridget married Richard Mckeever, Sean married Nancy Buckley also from Charleville they had nine children, Maggie May, Liam, Pat, Teresa (she married Michael Noonan again from Charleville and had a child called Naomie), sean`s family are now living in Salford Manchester) Liz, Anne, Marie, Bridget, Eddie, Margaret married Dan Mcgill and moved to the USA, Eamonn we think married an Australian woman??, James (seamus) 17 Jan 1917 married Mable rose Greenwood in Battersea London, Mable Rose was born in Portsmouth 1914.

I believe that Paddy and Jimmy Ryan are still living in Ireland and would like any info on any other Kavanagh still living in Ireland.
Any information you have would be a big help to me, thanks

John Kavanagh
Southampton, United kingdom
Seeger / Seegar Germany / Williams Wales / Kavanagh Maher Noonan Ryan Raleigh all Ireland / Pettitt / Fox / Rolls / Eccleston /

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Completed:Re: If anyone needs help in Tipperary
« Reply #30 on: Monday 26 October 09 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi..if anyone needs any help in searching for their ancestors in Tipperary..I may be able to help someone. I can do searches in the census office here providing I have details of who the family were and what townsland they lived in.

Regards,

Ann Marie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline kob3203

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Tracing Welsh/Irish roots from Asia with no money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 29 October 09 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nancie (raggdollynmb),

Unfortunately there don't appear to be any civil records for Co. Tipperary until 1864, so you're probably stuck with the church records.
Availablity of church records depends on denomination - RC or CofI. Some Co Tipperary church records (RC and CofI) are available online (unfortunately not for free) at http://tipperarynorth.brsgenealogy.com/generic.php?filename=sources.tpl&selectedMenu=showdatabase.

I assume your families are RC as I've found likely matches for the information you've given:
- 1859 Ballinahinch RC marriage record for your John Craig / Bridget Flynn
- 1863 Ballinahinch RC birth record for Honora (with an O) Craig
- 1838 Borrisokane RC birth record for John Craige (with an E)
- 1839 Borrisokane RC birth record for Bridget Flynn

They also appear to have an 1838 Borrisokane marriage record for John Flynn and Ellen McDonald, which may be a new lead for you.

(I can't find any likely James Craig/Bridget McNamara marriage records though)

Pete

P.S. In case you haven't pinpointed the locations you mention:

Ballynahinch is near the Tipperary/Clare/Limerick border here http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=ballynahinch&sll=52.756867,-8.368492&sspn=0.049867,0.15295&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Ballynahinch,+County+Tipperary,+Ireland&ll=52.763723,-8.396988&spn=0.199436,0.611801&z=11

Borrisokane is near the Tipperary/Clare/Galway border here
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=borrisokane&sll=52.949879,-8.199921&sspn=0.198582,0.611801&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Borrisokane,+County+Tipperary,+Ireland&ll=52.991627,-8.125545&spn=0.198391,0.611801&z=11
Most roots researched back to the early/mid 1800s. Years noted as 'pre' refer to my direct ancestors, although I'm interested in any relatives:
Mitchelstown, Co.Cork: CORBETT (pre1935), SWEENEY  (pre1935), CUSACK? (pre1894), KEYS? (pre1894)
Mallow, Co.Cork: BROWNE (1895-1935)
Caher, Co.Tipp: BROWNE (pre1895), PURTELL(pre1895)
Cashel, Co.Tipp: FANNING (pre1886)
Llanelly, Carms: GRIFFITHS (pre1934), REYNOLDS (pre1901), WILLIAMS (pre1934)
Ton Pentre, Glams: LEWIS (pre1901)

Offline kob3203

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Tracing Welsh/Irish roots from Asia with no money!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 29 October 09 01:21 GMT (UK) »
To everybody who's posted to this topic,

I think Annie intended to close this topic as suggested in Dara's (Oaks And Acorns) post of 23rd October (that's the purpose of the "Completed:" at the start of her last two messages).

Here's some useful links (from my earlier posts) that may help you with your Tipperary research

1911 Tipperary Census online (free) at:
National Archives Of Ireland - http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/ (I'm glad you found that link useful AISLINN)

Other Tipperary records (Civil BMD, RC, and CofI - free search, but pay to view transcribed records) online at the IFHF websites:
Co. Tipperary (north) - http://tipperarynorth.brsgenealogy.com/
Co. Tipperary (south) - http://tipperarysouth.brsgenealogy.com/

Happy hunting,
Pete

P.S. Annie, I think you're meant to put the "Completed" on the FIRST entry in the topic (see http://www.rootschat.com/help/faqs.php#completed ) to close a topic.
Good luck at college!

Most roots researched back to the early/mid 1800s. Years noted as 'pre' refer to my direct ancestors, although I'm interested in any relatives:
Mitchelstown, Co.Cork: CORBETT (pre1935), SWEENEY  (pre1935), CUSACK? (pre1894), KEYS? (pre1894)
Mallow, Co.Cork: BROWNE (1895-1935)
Caher, Co.Tipp: BROWNE (pre1895), PURTELL(pre1895)
Cashel, Co.Tipp: FANNING (pre1886)
Llanelly, Carms: GRIFFITHS (pre1934), REYNOLDS (pre1901), WILLIAMS (pre1934)
Ton Pentre, Glams: LEWIS (pre1901)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Completed If anyone needs help in Tipperary
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 29 October 09 01:40 GMT (UK) »

Regards,

Ann Marie