Author Topic: Look up Please of John Wright  (Read 1821 times)

Offline Ribcage

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Look up Please of John Wright
« on: Tuesday 01 September 09 03:41 BST (UK) »
Please look up the birth of John W. Wright born in Dublin in 1825 to Frazer and Mary Ann Wright.  Also does it give Mary Ann's maiden name or other info?  Thank you Cheers, Bob, ( Ribcage)
Wright-Lancashire, Manchester& Liverpool, also Scotland& Boston, Mass.  Williams- Manchester. Healy-Ireland& Boston, Mass.  Crotty-Ireland.  Cokely- Coakley-Cork, Ireland & Boston, Mass.  McCarthy-Ireland & Canada & Boston, Mass. Neville-Ireland & Boston, Mass.Murray-Ireland & Boston, Mass.  Donovan- Ireland & Boston, Mass. Crotty-Cork, Ireland. Stevens-England & Boston, Mass. Cunningham-Mass, USA. Carr- Clifden, Galway & Boston, Mass. Flaherty-Galway. Lynch- Balinasloe, Galway. Fitzmaurice- sam

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Look up Please of John Wright
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 09:15 BST (UK) »
two details you need to know to find parish records (if they still exist) : religion and location i.e. parish , townland or street

Dublin is a city and a county with nearly 50 RC parishes - and there are  very few of these records available on line so a manual search would be required. RC records are available in the National Library on microfilm, Many surviving CofI records are held in the Representative Church Body Library in Rathfarnham.

The Irish Family History Foundation (www.irish-roots.ie   pay-site) hold some county Dublin transcripts, but almost no City records.

The Irish Times has a good website with parish details and the locations of surviving records :  http://www.irishtimes.com/ancestor/browse/counties/rcmaps/dublinrc.htm

do you know the occupation or trade of Frazer Wright ?

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Ribcage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 12:41 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the info.  We think Frazer Wright was a painter by trade.  As was his son, John,  later in Manchester, Lancashire.  I don't know what parish or address they lived in Dublin.  Cheers,  Bob, ( Ribcage)
Wright-Lancashire, Manchester& Liverpool, also Scotland& Boston, Mass.  Williams- Manchester. Healy-Ireland& Boston, Mass.  Crotty-Ireland.  Cokely- Coakley-Cork, Ireland & Boston, Mass.  McCarthy-Ireland & Canada & Boston, Mass. Neville-Ireland & Boston, Mass.Murray-Ireland & Boston, Mass.  Donovan- Ireland & Boston, Mass. Crotty-Cork, Ireland. Stevens-England & Boston, Mass. Cunningham-Mass, USA. Carr- Clifden, Galway & Boston, Mass. Flaherty-Galway. Lynch- Balinasloe, Galway. Fitzmaurice- sam

Offline Taidquest

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Quo Fata Vocant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm not sure if this will help at all but the website 'Heritage.ie
has a list of births marriages and deaths online.
by searching just on the surname and leaving
all the other boxes blank it came up with the
following.
             John Waldron Wright
date of birth. 18.2.1833-
date of baptism 18.2.1833
 st peters dublin
http://www.rootschat.com/links/070l/

edited by Anne

Anne
<br />UK Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchive

Offline Ribcage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 01 September 09 20:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks Ann, This may help me piece the puzzle together.  I am greatful for your efforts.  Cheers, Bob, (Ribcage)