Author Topic: Capt. John Bragg of Whitehaven  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Humphpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Capt. John Bragg of Whitehaven
« on: Tuesday 01 September 09 18:27 BST (UK) »
To anyone interested - I have been looking in a book about Barmouth, Merionethshire from where some of my lot came and it says that he was master of a snow named Cordelia built Barmouth, Maesygarnedd 1813 and in 1826 she was part owned by 11 people with 34/64s owned by John Bragg (master) Whitehaven, Cum. and 6/64s by Joseph Bragg and the rest by Barmouth people. This is no connection to me but I can let you have further details of the book which is gold mine for Barmouth searchers like me. Humphpaul
Paul, Humphrey, Vaughan, Lewis, Williams, Parry, Jones, Fairclough, Howard, Allan, Baylis, Wright, Ritson.
Barmouth, Llangellinin, Liverpool, Maryport Cumberland, Port Glasgow, Nercwys (Nerquis), Mold, Gwysaney, Hope, Doddleston, Higher Kinnerton.

Offline louisa maud

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Capt. John Bragg of Whitehaven
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 02 May 23 15:49 BST (UK) »
I realise this is a long time ago message but this is interesting, I have  John Bragg originally from Whitehaven, never found on a census , his wife Lucy, nee Brown married 28/07/1827 Workington,   lived in or near Carlisle, she was a widow by 1851, John fathered  a few children, last child born 19/10/1838, info not on hand at this moment but this interests me, have no records of John Bragg anywhere but I believe he was a master mariner
I was chasing this family tree as I was lead to believe they were connected to my husband, did hours of work in Carlisle but they are not "ours"

Louisa Maud

Census information is Crown Copyright,
from  www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Granath Sweden and London
Garner, Marylebone Paddington  Northolt Ilford
Garner, Devon
Garner New Zealand
Maddieson
Parkinson St Pancras,
Jenkins Marylebone Paddington
Mizon/Mison/Myson Paddington
Tindal Marylebone Paddington
Tocock, (name changed to Ellis) London
Southam Marylebone, Paddington
Bragg Lambeth 1800's
Edermaniger(Maniger) Essex Kent Canada (Toronto)
Coveney Kent Lambeth
Sondes kent and London