Author Topic: Youngs of Yetholm  (Read 10913 times)

Offline Grumbly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Youngs of Yetholm
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi - just joined up and saw your very interesting message and subsequent info re the Youngs of Yetholme.  I'm also tracing the Youngs on my fathers side (William), and have a link with John Young born in 1873 Yetholm, Chirnside who married Elizabeth Montgomery (Yetholme?).  During your research, did you come across any useful information that may help me any furthre.
Regards.  :)

Hello folks,

just wondering if anyone can help me please.......parts of my research have lead me to looking into youngs from yetholm during the 1700's.  My mother is directly descended from them.  I have got as far back as Charles Young of Yetholm (i think), who married Hannabel Allon? of Yetholm also i presume.  I think they married in approximately 1722, as their first born child that i can find was christened in 1724.  I cant find their marriage on the Yetholm Reels at the berwick archive office or a record of either of their christenings. (i am estimating they were prob born around 1700 - 1702).  I am therefore only able to presume that both charles and hannabel are both from yetholm. 

Therefore i am stuck with this couple and at the mo, cant get back any further than charles.

The microfilm i was using at berwick was for christenings in the county of roxburghshire pre 1855. 

Hopefully someone out there might know a bit more than me

My fingers are firmly crossed.....Thankyou for taking the time to read all of this.

Offline heiserca

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 16:31 GMT (UK) »
The only names that I have found so far:

Isobell Young, born 11 Nov 1711, and James Midlemost, baptized 9 March 1712, married on 5 June 1732 at Oxnam, Roxburghshire.

And a hearth tax record at Morebattle, near Yetholm, can’t see the date: 
“James midlemist in yetam parioch".  (Yetholm Parish?)

Clezie (Clazie, Clezy, Clazy, Clazey, Claise, etc.), Lockhart, Heiser, Schwab, Tomon, Zarnowski, Megert, Iseli

Offline Grumbly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 09 November 11 16:54 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. :)

Offline Dunn family

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 08 July 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
Hi, I wonder if any body could give me any information on 2 ancestors I have? Jessie Young b 1824, her mother was Jane Young b 1797. They were from Yetholm area but that is all that I have. Can you help? Thanks