Author Topic: Catholic Church Parish Records Waterford Library  (Read 44703 times)

Offline lisduggan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catholic Church Parish Records Waterford Library
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 12 September 09 17:37 BST (UK) »
thank you for that information re/ records for St mary ballygunner...

Offline Patricia jackson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 12 September 09 19:04 BST (UK) »
Hi there and many thanks for your kind offer. I am looking in the area of Kilduane Monksland. sorry I do not know the church.  Mary KInsella born about 1847 Father William, Mother Catherine.no further info  :)
Brown, Twizell, Storey & fenwick  from Northumberland, Parkinson, from Lincolnshire, Kelly, Kinsella  & Mcguire from Ireland. Mellor originally from Derbyshire, Allens from Norfolk and Jackson originally from Sutton Coldfield.

Offline Wheelie

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 16 September 09 16:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for my grandfather and his family and believe that their church was the Church of the Sacred Heart in Dunhill.  They lived at Ballyleen near Kill and I think that my grandfather's step brothers are buried there.

I am looking for Martin Whelan (Phelan) born around 1902 to Michael Whelan (Phelan) and Johanna Power.

I cannot find any trace of the family on the 1911 census (after waiting so long for it) and am now stuck so any information you may find would be very gratefully received!

In the mean time I will keep on trying to find them in 1911 and wait as patiently as I can for the 1901 in the hope of inding them there!

Thanks,

Claire

Offline marysma

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sofia--3yrs on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 October 09 21:24 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am looking for any info on my g,g,grandfather Robert Flynn born 1841/5 Waterford.

Robert's parents were Robert and Mary ?(b 1811),his sisters were Margaret born 1839 and Joanna born 1849.

Robert snr was a shoemaker.

In Griffiths Valuation enumeration for Co,Waterford 1846--1854 there is a Robert Flynn residing at Kilduane,civil parish of Monkstown.

I think there could be a good chance of this being my g,g,g,grandfather as although Flynn is a very common name,there does'nt seem to be many Roberts around.

I guess I'm hoping that some very kind soul will help by looking at the records---hope that's not to cheeky!!.

Regards,
MM
Horn/Horne,Johnston,East Lothian
Horn/e, Farquhar,Shanks,Reid,Geddes, Banff and Buckie

Petrie--Moray/Portgordon
Shanks,Moray

Morgan,Peirce,Thomas,Branch,South Wales

Crimmins/Crimin, Ring, Co,Cork.

Flynn-- Dungarvan,Waterford,Ireland.
Christopher, Waterford

Pride and Long ,Newington Bagpath,Glous,England.

Offline vasaborg

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 08 October 09 14:38 BST (UK) »
I had a look at Slaters Directory of 1856 for Waterford City and County, and there was no Robert Flynn at the address you gave.

Offline marysma

• RootsChat Senior
  • Sofia--3yrs on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 09 October 09 21:47 BST (UK) »

Thanks very much for looking.

Regards,
MM
Horn/Horne,Johnston,East Lothian
Horn/e, Farquhar,Shanks,Reid,Geddes, Banff and Buckie

Petrie--Moray/Portgordon
Shanks,Moray

Morgan,Peirce,Thomas,Branch,South Wales

Crimmins/Crimin, Ring, Co,Cork.

Flynn-- Dungarvan,Waterford,Ireland.
Christopher, Waterford

Pride and Long ,Newington Bagpath,Glous,England.

Offline thereseu

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 13 October 09 00:10 BST (UK) »
Paul,
I am looking for someone to help with family research in Waterford.  I believe some of my family still lived in Ballingowan in 1917.  My 2nd great grand uncle left a portion of his estate to Thomas and his brother and sister in 1917 and they sent his share to Ballingowan, Stradbally, Waterford, Ireland.
I found Thomas Colbert and his family in the 1911 census in the Fox's Castle, Ballingowan area.  Thomas' mother, Bridget nee Shea or O'Shea, was the daughter of John Shea and Johanna or Mary nee Kane Shea.  I believe she married John Colbert and they had at least three children, Patrick, Mary and Thomas before they left for the US. 
I am hoping to find more information for John & Johanna Shea by connecting Thomas's records, and any other members of their family.   John & Johanna had at least five children, John, Johanna, Phillip, Bridget and Thomas. 
Would you be interested in researching for me?  I am willing to pay you for your time and expenses if you can let me know ahead of time what your fees will be.  If you prefer to correspond thru my email address, feel free.  Thank you in advance, Therese

Offline Karen Fitzgerald

• RootsChat Extra
  • (Formerly on here as Karen S) Started new profile
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 18 October 09 02:10 BST (UK) »
Hello Paul,  the Fitzgerald family I'm looking for found them on the 1911 Waterford City Census at 8 Model Lane, Urban 3.  From what I gather this is St. John's Within Parish area.  The family names are:
Charles Fitzgerald, b 1850, wife Jane, b 1853
2 sons:  William Fitzgerald b 1883 and Stephen Fitzgerald b 1895

* Stephen Fitzgerald later married Julia Corr and lived on Barracks Street area, where the family remained until the 1950's.

Any findings on the family will be much appreciated, thank you kindly, Karen
Researching for my mother in law: Phipps, Turner
Researching for my husband: Fitzgerald, Corr and Scanlon

Offline Paul Peter

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 22 October 09 13:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Therese,

I tried to send this to you by private message but it wouldn't go. Sorry I can't research your tree for you but if I can help in pointing you in the right direct please let me know.

Hi

I looked at Waterford County Library's website as they have good records of death registrar and graves. I found a Thomas Colbert from Ballingown who died on 01/07/1901 from"effects of drink and exposure to night air" it says he was a bachelor and aged 67. I hope this link works

http://locdat.waterfordcountylibrary.ie/ipac20/ipac.jsp?session=B256215198Q06.15821&profile=death&uri=link=3100018~!31079~!3100001~!3100002&aspect=basic&menu=search&ri=7&source=~!lhist&term=Colbert%2C+Thomas&index=DTHNAMB#focus

If not try www.locdat.waterfordcountylibrary.ie

I also found a John Shea who died on 9/12/1868 who was a tailor aged 56 and the informant of his death was Johanna Shea from Dungarvan

Could these be connected to you ?

Regards

Paul
Family Names
Butler of  Dungarvan
Donoghue or O'Donoghue or Donohoe of Abbeyside
Hufsham, Hursum or Horsom of Dungarvan
Whelan of Abbeyside Dungarvan
Flynn of Dungarvan
Drohan of Carrick on Suir or Clonmel
Daniel of Carrick on Suir
Kirwin of Kilrossanty Waterford