Author Topic: Mary Mcarthy  (Read 1292 times)

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Mary Mcarthy
« on: Friday 11 September 09 22:14 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone.

Looking for any info on,

Mary Mcarthy born 1877 Cork Co.

Anything will do please.

Thanks

Anthony

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Mcarthy
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 12 September 09 09:52 BST (UK) »
unfortunately McCarthy is a very common Co. Cork surname .. do you have any other clues as to a possible location, parents or other family members ?

You dont mention if Mary was still in Cork for the 1911 census but there are over 80 Mary McCarthy's listed with about the right age.

Your can search a Civil registration index at familysearch - http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable  (the index lists a large number of birth registrations matching the name)

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 12 September 09 12:33 BST (UK) »
If it's the same Mary McCarthy listed in this other thread she was married in 1908-
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,405639.msg2740706.html#msg2740706
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 12 September 09 14:13 BST (UK) »
If you know the name and occupation of Mary's father it might be possible to locate him on the 1911 Census, if he was still alive. I had a look at the marriage index details posted in the other thread for Patrick Kane & Mary McCarthy - but it does not seem to be clear as to her fathers name ..also the source or type of record is not mentioned.

A civil cert would give you these details, which would help to narrow down the correct family. Assuming Mary was living at home with her family in 1901 it may be easier to find her on that census. The details for that census are due on the National Archives website early next year.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests