Author Topic: Request for photograph of grave in Dudley Cemetery - Lily Westbury  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Binkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Queen's Arms, Bervie
    • View Profile
Request for photograph of grave in Dudley Cemetery - Lily Westbury
« on: Friday 18 September 09 16:04 BST (UK) »
If anyone has access to Dudley Cemetery,  I should be very grateful for a photo of the gravestone (if there is one) for:-
Register Number 12024
Deceased Name Lily Westbury
Gender Unknown
Age 33 Years
Date of Death 27/03/1941
Date of Burial 31/03/1941
Location Dudley Cemetery
Section Section F
Grave 492

The above was born Lily Rollason in 1907 in Tamworth & later married John William Allen on 24 Oct 1924.  After his death she married Alfred William Westbury on 30 Jun 1934 in Dudley
Bowman/Burness - Angus<br />Chalmers - Lanarkshire & Stirlingshire<br />Cheakley - Kent & Westmorland<br />Miller - Orkney<br />Moorhouse - Yorkshire (Airton,Bradley, Earby & Skipton)<br />Morgan - Herefordshre<br />Riddiough - Lancashire & Yorkshire (Colne, Lothersdale & Thornton in Craven)<br />Smith - Yorkshire (Lothersdale)<br />Walker - Lanararkshire (Lanark & Lesmahagow)

Offline Graveone

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Request for photograph of grave in Dudley Cemetery - Lily Westbury
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 03 June 10 21:11 BST (UK) »
Hi, I run my own grave tending company in the west midlands, and I am in Dudley Cemetery once a week I think the section that you are looking at is section F and most of the stones have been removed send me the details and I will take a look.

Offline Binkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Queen's Arms, Bervie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 June 10 06:39 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much!  Unfortunately the only details I hold are as in the original posting above
Bowman/Burness - Angus<br />Chalmers - Lanarkshire & Stirlingshire<br />Cheakley - Kent & Westmorland<br />Miller - Orkney<br />Moorhouse - Yorkshire (Airton,Bradley, Earby & Skipton)<br />Morgan - Herefordshre<br />Riddiough - Lancashire & Yorkshire (Colne, Lothersdale & Thornton in Craven)<br />Smith - Yorkshire (Lothersdale)<br />Walker - Lanararkshire (Lanark & Lesmahagow)

Offline Graveone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 04 June 10 19:51 BST (UK) »
always pays to read the thread!!! Section F this is the section where most of the stones have been removed and this used to be the papuers section of the cemetery. Havent been there yet but a few years ago I had a request for another stone in this section this is how I know most have been removed but what the cemetery master did for me was spray the ground with a yellow circle so I could show my customer.

Offline Binkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Queen's Arms, Bervie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 05 June 10 19:28 BST (UK) »
The research on this family was done as a present for friends.  I've contacted them today & they are thinking of going to Dudley to check out the area so will check out the Cemetery for themselves and are quite prepared for there not being a headstone.

Thanks very much for your help - Binkie

Offline Graveone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 23:03 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was in the cemetery today and I took a photo, would you like it just in case the family dont make it to Dudley

Offline Binkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Queen's Arms, Bervie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 10 June 10 08:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much.  I think that would be wonderful if you could supply a copy.

Binkie

Offline Graveone

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 13 June 10 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Think this might work, any way were I am standing is the line where the memorial should be. to the left the numbers get highere to the right they go lower the system here will only let me send pics under 500kb the orginal is 730kb and a lott more clearer

Mark
Remembering You Grave Tending Services.

Offline Binkie

• RootsChat Member
  • Queen's Arms, Bervie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 13 June 10 15:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you so very much!!

I'll send it to my friends this afternoon.

Binkie