Author Topic: Where to post a 'thankyou'  (Read 1420 times)

Offline libby9

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Where to post a 'thankyou'
« on: Saturday 19 September 09 14:23 BST (UK) »
On which board should one post a general thank you to other members?

Thanks

Libby

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Where to post a 'thankyou'
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 19 September 09 23:56 BST (UK) »
Hello, you could send personal messages to people who have helped or you could post your thanks at the end of the particular topic you have had help with. One way or another those you wish to thank will see and be very pleased you have been courteous enough to show your appreciation. I`m not an expert but that has worked for me when I have wanted to thank the many RootsChatters who have been so generous with their help. Viktoria

Offline libby9

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 20 September 09 01:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Victoria,

Many thanks for replying to my question.  I have added to posts thanking those who've given me their help, but other sites I visit encourage members to place posts of gratitude for other members to read, and I believe this practice is encouraging for those giving above average help.

I am going to take this opportunity to give my thanks to those who've gone out of their way to help me.

A massive thank you to Dobfarm (Dobby) he's gone out of his way to help me on many occasions, and even visited a graveyard and took a photo of a headstone for me, he's also given me many useful internet links.

Big thanks to Jenquest who gave her time doing a look-up at a library for me, I so appreciate it, you're a star.

Today, Marmaduke emailed me relevant details from a cd of ALL those with the surname I'm researching.  Thanks so much for your time.  Another Star.

Thank you Oly, Oly emailed me details from Woolley PR's, and they were most useful and relevant to my research.  Another selfless gesture.

To all four, I would like to say you are amazing, and this is hobby of ours and the folks 'into it' are special, in the sense: everyone strives to help each other.  I try my best to help others, and hope in the future I can give something back to you all.

Libby

Offline Viktoria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 20 September 09 21:34 BST (UK) »
Well done Libby,people are incredibly helpful as you and I have found,and deserve thanks .Cheerio. Viktoria.

Offline dobfarm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scarcliffe village Derbyshire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 September 09 09:30 BST (UK) »
If like it was said that most artists would charge a £1000 to open a charity event  That great fund raiser Alex Higgins would Decline and give them the £1000 and open it.

The Peoples Chapion!

As He played World class snooker with his pot on his leg hoping round the table and won.

Quote:-

Whats all the fuss!

Unquote:

Alex Higgins

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Any transcription of information does not identify or prove anything.
Intended as a Guide only in ancestry research.-It is up to the reader as to any Judgment of assessments of information given! to check from original sources.

In my opinion the marriage residence is not always the place of birth. Never forget Workhouse and overseers accounts records of birth

Offline kathb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 17:51 BST (UK) »
libby9, what a wonderful request/suggestion.  I have always found such helpful people on this site.  I would not have been were I am with not just the skeleton of the family tree, but the muscles to put on it, if it were not for the fabulous people who give their time to help others.
I try to help when I can and am very pleased when someone acknowledges with a thank you.  It really makes the time I spend worthwhile and I will continue to help whenever I can.
Regards
Kathb
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Baker/Cheshire,Crewe/Somerset
Davies/Calvert/Cheshire, Birkenhead/Yorkshire, Bowes
Fitzsimmons/Cheshire, Birkenhead/Lancashire, Liverpool/Ireland
Lewis/Cheshire,Spurstow, Bunbury, Little Budworth, Helsby/Birkenhead
Mackay/Mckay Caithness
Anderson/, Caithness
Dunnet, Caithness
Mowat/ Caithness
Gunn/ Caithness
Smith/Caithness, Dunnet, Thurso, Castletown
Rosie/Caithness, Thurso
Sadlier Forster/Liverpool/Ireland, Cork

Offline Topham26

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 22 September 09 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I would like to endorse the kind words of gratitude , expressed by Viktoria, Libby and Dobby.  A very big THANK YOU, to the many roots chatters who helped me.

Ann

Yorkshire: Topham, Sneaton
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne: Robson, Green
Kingston-on-Hull: Turpin
Suffolk: Sargeant (or Variants)
Shropshire, Wigan, Middlesbrough: Stevenson (or Variants)