Author Topic: Photograph of Lance Corporal John William Arkless  (Read 4008 times)

Offline Ramshawlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Photograph of Lance Corporal John William Arkless
« Reply #9 on: Monday 12 April 21 08:46 BST (UK) »
I can see that there are some people wanting info on my Great Uncle John William Arkless I have been trying to reply to albatross but have given up in the end as I must be doing something wrong..... can I get in touch with this person?

Offline Neale1961

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 12 April 21 09:20 BST (UK) »
Ramshawlass, you need to make another post to be able to use the personal message system, so just say hello in another post, and then try again.
Milligan - Jardine – Glencross – Dinwoodie - Brown: (Dumfriesshire & Kirkcudbrightshire)
Clark – Faulds – Cuthbertson – Bryson – Wilson: (Ayrshire & Renfrewshire)
Neale – Cater – Kinder - Harrison: (Warwickshire & Queensland)
Roberts - Spry: (Cornwall, Middlesex & Queensland)
Munster: (Schleswig-Holstein & Queensland) and Plate: (Braunschweig, Neubruck & Queensland & New York)

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 12 April 21 16:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Ramshawlass,

When you reply to a topic (like you have done) the person will be notified by email notification, that is how it works there is no need to have to send a PM too,  as we have members all around the world in different time zones you may need to wait a little longer than a few hours to receive a reply.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline albatros

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 12 April 21 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi
If this gets to Ramshawlass I have just sent a reply to your message but it cannot be delivered because your message box is full.
I think I have several photos of your family you will be interested in. If you can let me have an e mail address I will reply and send copies of the photo. As said in my reply my Auntie Beaty Snowball is I think the niece of John William Arkless. I have his Victory Medal from WW1.
Regards

Offline Ramshawlass

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 April 21 09:03 BST (UK) »
Good morning,
Yes you are correct Beatrice married John Snowball and she was the daughter of my Great Uncle Irvin and his wife Isabella. I think Beatrice had brothers Thomas, Frederick and a sister Annie. They lived in Gladstone St and Grey St. I’m sorry I can’t read my private message from you so I don’t know if you asked me anything else. I need to have posted a couple of times to prove that I’m genuine which is just to protect everyone. Than you for replying to me.