Author Topic: Sharrock/Matthews  (Read 3431 times)

Offline aussiepool

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Sharrock/Matthews
« on: Thursday 06 May 04 01:43 BST (UK) »
 ???Can somebody please help me out here in Australia?.
I am trying to find out my grandfather's parents names to no avail.
My grandfather was taken in by a family called 'Matthews' in the early 20th century in West Derby, Liverpool.
However, his real name was Sharrock. His parents gave him up to this family because they didn't/couldn't look after him.
I have heard that they were famous/stage performers?, but can't get to the bottom of it.
I looked up the UK 1901 census pages and there are only three possibilities as to who he is, they are;
Edward Matthews aged 2 West Derby
Charles Matthews aged 4 West Derby
Alfred Matthews aged 6 West Derby
But I can't access the site to have a look who his real parents were. I tried setting up some vouchers for the site here in Australia, but it keeps rejecting them on the site.
Please, please could somebody in the UK look up my grandfather and find out who his parents were?. I am more than happy to re-imburse anyone who has a look for me. The frustrating thing is, my family have been trying to find out this information for years, and I think it would probably take less than a minute to find out his parents name, only I can't.
Once again, if anyone could please look up on the UK census at either of the three names above, I would be eternally grateful.
Paul Sharrock
Brisbane Australia
Sharrock, Matthews, Threlfall, Watkins, Liverpool, Hay-on-Wye, Lancashire, Powys

skippy

Re:Sharrock/Matthews 1901 census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 17 May 04 23:09 BST (UK) »
Hi,

http://www.censusdecoder.com/whatitdoes.htm

This might be worth looking at - You may be able to get the 1901
info you need without spending any money.

regards,

SKIPPY