Author Topic: please Help  (Read 1926 times)

Offline haras

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
please Help
« on: Saturday 03 October 09 11:36 BST (UK) »
hi Im looking for any information on a James Jordan  from wexford b1877 ish married Bridget Rowan.. children Anne William Elizabeth Patrick Gerrard.. Thank you ;D

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: please Help
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 03 October 09 12:22 BST (UK) »
do you know roughly what part of County Wexford they lived ?

there are a number of James Jordan births listed on the Civil Index (http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#c=1408347;p=2;t=searchable) in the county around 1877

if you knew approx years of birth for any of the children, an initial search for these might narrow down a starting place..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline haras

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 03 October 09 23:33 BST (UK) »
Hi shane james as far as i know was from mountfin Castledockrell
His son was born 1932 i think he was the youngest .
thanks
sarah

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living person in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 October 09 08:25 BST (UK) »
have you looked on the 1911 census ?

It's available on the National Archives website at : http://census.nationalarchives.ie/. There are two Jordan families that I see living in the Castledockerall area -

One of the occupants at this address is a James Jordan age 34 (so born c1877). He living with his parents Michael and Anne : 8  Mountfin Lower, Castledockrell

There's also a Jordan family here : 2 Moyeady, Castledockrell

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline haras

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 October 09 20:44 BST (UK) »
hi Shane
Thanks for your help Ive been looking at census  as u suggested .I'm not sure if the ones I'm looking for as i don't know much about them ...but I'm just starting this side of my tree i Knew it was not going to be easy but that's half the fun .
Sarah

Offline enfield

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 09 October 09 07:35 BST (UK) »
From 'The Wexford war Dead' to be published in December;
JORDAN, PATRICK. Rank: Private. Regiment or Service: Royal Irish Regiment. Unit: 1st Bn. Age at Death: 20. Date of Death: 20-January-1915. Service No: 10426. Born in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford. Enlisted in Enniscorthy, Co Wexford. Killed in Action. From an article in the ECHO newpaper, Killed at the front; News reached Enniscorthy during the week of the death at the front of James ( sic ) Jordan, a private in the 18th Royal Irish Regiment and son of James Jordan, Ross Road, Enniscorthy. Private Jordan was making tea in the trenches when he was killed by a shell explosion.
 Another article in the same newspaper; Died in his arms, Private Thomas Smith of Enniscorthy who is home suffering frostbite in the foot belongs to the R. I. Regiment. He was in some two of three engagements since going to the front. He was within 30 yards of Private P Jordan, of the same Regiment, another Enniscorthy man, when the latter was shot dead in the trenches a few weeks past. In the Enniscorthy Guardian he is listed as JAMES JORDAN. Supplementary information; Son of James and Ellen Jordan of Ross Rd, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Grave or Memorial Reference: Panel 33. Memorial: Ypres ( Menin Gate ) Memorial in Belgium.