Author Topic: PURDY-- Morpeth, Northumberland  (Read 39043 times)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: PURDY-- Morpeth, Northumberland
« Reply #9 on: Friday 09 October 09 09:52 BST (UK) »
Excellent, thank you Christine.

I have some time off next week so will go back over everything I have and check Bishops Transcripts.

From memory I was given John Reay married to Dorothy ORANGE, dont know where/when.

Back to you later. I really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Trish
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Utelme

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 09 May 10 20:45 BST (UK) »
To all those reserching the PURDY'S of Morpeth.    Jane Purdy c 1796 .  She died on the 5th of November 1883 at Bullers Green age 87 years .Widow of Thomas Purdy a Gardener.  Cause of death Senile decay.  John Turner son in law in attendance,Bullers Green.   Hard to find as she is registered as Janet, Took me hours Regards John
Lathaen/Lathan/Lathen//Grey/Purdy/Weddle/Jewitt/Dryden/Davison/ Northumberland and Durham

Offline c-side

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • The 'three' now have a cousin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 09 May 10 23:22 BST (UK) »
Hi John and a warm welcome to rootschat.

Be warned - it can be very addictive but it's a fantastic site full of knowledgeable and helpful people.  Hope you enjoy it.

Christine

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 10 May 10 02:40 BST (UK) »
Hi John,

I am so thrilled you have made contact ;D
As far as I know I an the ONLY one researching the Purdys of Morpeth on here.
We can only exchange Email addresses by personal message after you have made 3 posts ( that is if you want too). If you just answer my questions or post your own a couple of times we are off.

Jane/Janet Purdys Death was the only one eluding me so thank you so much for it.
I am descended from Thomas and Janes Son JAMES 1828-1911 who died in New Zealand.
Bio of him from NZDictionary of Biography;
http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-Cyc02Cycl-t1-body1-d2-d24-d5.html

His daughter Mary Jane was my Maternal Grandmother.
She died in 1958 when I was 18Mths old .

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 10 May 10 02:53 BST (UK) »

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 10 May 10 03:13 BST (UK) »
Have we made contact before?

Which child of Thomas and Jane are you descended from?

Offline boot01

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 23 May 10 16:21 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

New to Rootschat and have hit the wall on Purdy's from Morpeth (Bullers Green).  The latest info I have put together is from St. George's Presb.   I seem to be stuck finding the birth of John Purdy who was married to Sarah Davidson in Ponteland 1805.  Any help or guidance would be great.

Thanks
Blair

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 23 May 10 16:35 BST (UK) »
Hello Blair and a warm welcome to Rootschat.....I happen to have a fiche at home that pertains to the June 5, 1805 marriage and it does indicate that John Purdy is a native of Morpeth.....and, for Sarah Davison (note alternate spelling in parish register) it indicated that she was "of this parish" -- Ponteland.   No parents given and witnesses were John Batey and Edward Dodd. Edward Dodd witnessed most of the marriages that year, so it seems unlikely that he is your kin.....How about John Batey??  I also have parish births up until 1812 if any look ups there could help you.   ;D   Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL

Offline patrexjax

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 23 May 10 16:44 BST (UK) »
Hello again Blair.....The IGI has two EXTRACTED records that look promising for you.....John PURDEY (note spelling!) was chr. 21 Jan 1781 in Morpeth, a child of John Purdey and Mary.  Then, there is another extracted entry for yet another John Purdey who was chr. 29 Dec 1782 showing also John Purdey and Mary as parents. Perhaps the first John died in infancy and the second child survived ...Sadly, I do not have any Morpeth parish registers here at home but I am hopeful several Rootschatters may!!!! Pat
ARCHIBALD/ARCHBALD: Tweedmouth, NBL; CHARLTON: Ponteland, NBL;
ERRINGTON: West Denton, NBL; 
FAIRLESS: Longbenton, NBL;
HARDING: Hollinside, Co. Durham;
KING: Newcastle-on-Tyne & Berwickshire;
LOCKEY: Ryton, Whickham, Co. Durham & YKS; NICHOLSON: Ponteland, Newburn, NBL; PAXTON: Norham, NBL;
PAULIN: Berwickshire; REAY, Ponteland, NBL;
SCOTT: Norham, NBL; SELBY: Tweedmouth, NBL;
SLIGH: Berwickshire; SPOOR: Whickham & Ryton;
WIDDRINGTON: NBL