Author Topic: Latterday Saints  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Clincher

• my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Latterday Saints
« on: Monday 07 March 05 06:57 GMT (UK) »
I tried just now to log on to the Latterday Saints website at www.familysearch.org and got this message

"F A M I L Y S E A R C H    I N F O R M A T I O N

Your access to FamilySearch.org has been temporarily suspended. Your computer or a computer at your location has sent a large volume of requests to FamilySearch.org and as a result access to FamilySearch.org from this location has been temporarily suspended. Usually the suspension occurs when a computer uses software to automate requesting information from FamilySearch.org from any computer in your location. If this message appears again, contact the vendor who sold you your software to obtain the latest release."*

I have never sent 'a large volume of requests' to them and haven't used their kind services for a week or two anyway. As for being able to automate requests by software I don't have the knowhow.
Has anyone else been suspended in these circs?

* © 1999-2002 by Intellectual Reserve, Inc.  All rights reserved.

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Latterday Saints
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 March 05 07:31 GMT (UK) »
I had this message once, but it was just a glitch - I tried again a little later and was able to use the site with no problems. 

MR
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Darren

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 07 March 05 07:40 GMT (UK) »
Same as Manchester Rambler, I've had this once, lasted about a day then went.

Darren
Reynolds, Collinson, Sceats, Lambert, Dunk, Roach, Paxman, Osmond, Mills, Lucas, Fairbairn, Cooper

Offline Welsh Jen

• Dyfal donc a dyr yr garreg!
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 07 March 05 09:20 GMT (UK) »
I just tried a search and had no problems, it probably is just a glitch.

Regards Jen  :D

Offline Clincher

• my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 07 March 05 11:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks y'all!!!! I had another go and I got in this time. It was the false accusation that hurt me the most :'(.

Paul E

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 09:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I encountered this message from that site for the first time yesterday, but, as stated, it cleared after a few minutes.

cheers

Paul

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 10:09 GMT (UK) »
While were on about this site does anyone else find it really annoying that when you search you can only do it by country?

I was searching for Thomas Matthews but ended up with over 3000 names to search thought because I couldn't state the county. With that many names you can bet I missed the info I wanted

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /

Offline Darren

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 11:12 GMT (UK) »
If it is info from the 1881 Census you're after you get the option to choose County and then City/Town but you have to choose the Census option first on the main menu on the left.

Darren
Reynolds, Collinson, Sceats, Lambert, Dunk, Roach, Paxman, Osmond, Mills, Lucas, Fairbairn, Cooper

Offline Willow 4873

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • 22nd July 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 11:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanx Darren

The problem is the IGI and Pedigree files - you only get the country option on that one

Willow x
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and is for academic and non-commercial research purposes only<br /><br />Researching: Hilton (Wolverhampton & Tamworth) , Simkiss & Mears (Wolverhampton & ?) Bowkett & Nash (Ledbury & Wolverhampton) Knight & Beard (Gloucestershire), Colley (Tibberton) Hoggins (Willenhall) Jones (Bilston), Harris & Bourne (Droitwich) Matthews (Wolverhampton & High Offley) Partridge (Monmouthshire)<br /><br /