Author Topic: 1871/81 look up please?  (Read 1073 times)

Offline GIBONEE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1871/81 look up please?
« on: Tuesday 08 March 05 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone that can help?
I am trying to find my great grandmother Florence Eliza Fisher.
I have her on the 1901 as 34, married and living in Fulham. Her birth area is shown as Cambs. She sounds simple to find! But she is not!
There is a family in Wimblington with a Florence E Fisher, Father Howard, mother Susannah. I originally thought this was her, but it's not.
Florence's father was George. I have confirmation of this from a marriage certificate.
Someone has suggested to me that there was a family Head, George Fisher, wife Susannah (Baldwin) children, George Baldwin Fisher B. 1856
Susannah Maria B. 1857
Sarah Elizabeth B. 1861
and Florence E. B. 1866
I am very suspicious about this as Howard and Susannah also had girls with these names!
Any help would be very much appreciated as I am well and truly stuck!     Many thanks, Jackie

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1871/81 look up please?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

You don't say which census year the two 'different' families have been found on, ie George and Susannah or Howard and Susannah.  If we knew that, then finding both families on the same census year may clear things up.

I'll have a look in 71 or 81 if you provide the info.

Regards
Jonathan
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GIBONEE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jonathan,
Sorry, the info. on Susannah married to Howard is on the 1881, but Howard is dead by this time.
The other info I have is from someone I contacted via internet and they came up with the details
George Fisher married to Susannah (Baldwin) with the children mentioned, Florence E being one of them. I don't know where the person got the info. from.
Your help is much appreciated!
Jackie 

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 13:53 GMT (UK) »
The only Florence E Fisher coming up on the 1871 and the 1881 censuses is the one with Howard and Susannah as parents

Jan
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 13:58 GMT (UK) »
sorry forgot to mention I have searched all Florence's year of birth 1860 - 1870 in all of England, not only Cambs

Jan
All Census Lookups are are Crown Copyright, National Archives for academic and non-commercial research purposes only

Offline GIBONEE

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 14:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jan,
Thank you so much for looking!
I have been trying to find her for about 2 years with no luck.
She is on the 1901 as Florence Cheshire (married), but can find no records before this.
I am well and truly stuck and think that maybe I should give up on this one.
Thanks  for trying!

Jackie

Offline janetm

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 08 March 05 14:40 GMT (UK) »
NEVER NEVER give up..... something will turn up in the post, if you will excuse the pun!  If there is one thing I have learnt about Rootschatters..............they don't like to be beaten!
All the best
Jan