Author Topic: Ive lost Thomas Butlin and his wife after 1861 in Southwark.  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Ive lost Thomas Butlin and his wife after 1861 in Southwark.
« on: Thursday 22 October 09 09:18 BST (UK) »
My gggrandfather Thomas Butlin and his wife Jane are seen on the 1861 census living in Southwark where he is a cornporter. He is 70 and Jane is 81.Not only can I find any prevkious record for theother than the 1851 but I have not been able to find their deaths. They dont appear to be on the 1871.On one census it says they both came form Beds but on another jane is said to come from Bucks.
The one death for a Thomas B in 1861 is not him as I sent for the cert.Any ideas please on how I can find out more about this family.Was it law to register deaths at this time.
Thank You
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)

Offline Paco

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ive lost Thomas Butlin and his wife after 1861 in Southwark.
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 24 October 09 15:56 BST (UK) »
I have found a Thomas Henry Butlin who died in 1865-June qtr: volume 1c. page 125 district Shoreditch. Don't know if he is the one you are looking for.
regards.
Essex/Dorset/Berks

Offline Ringrose

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ive lost Thomas Butlin and his wife after 1861 in Southwark.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 24 October 09 19:03 BST (UK) »
Thanks Paco
Shoredithch does not seem to be in the right area but families did move around then . Maybe worth a try.
Thanks again
Ringrose
Mann Ringrose Prior( West London)Prior (Halstead Colchester and Sudbury)Ringrose (Northants) Clark(sussex  Bath)Light(Shropshire West London)Barber(Northants)Gaudern (Northants)Piper(Suffolk)Carter (Essex)Nightingale,Stiles,Dunk,Hedgecock(Kent)Mann(south Devon )Le Cronier,Le Quesne,Poingdestre,Esnouf,Le Guyt,Anley.Le Carteret(Jersey)Clark(Bath,Batcombe,and Nyland )
er(essex)Nightingale(kent Sussex)Sutton (sussex)