Author Topic: Dent family of Coventry  (Read 10174 times)

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Dent family of Coventry
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 10 January 16 09:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bron, Are you saying that you now think our line of William and Jane came on the Orleana not the John? So maybe Elleanor did come with Brother Joseph to Australia, as he came on the Orleana didn't he?

Offline Bron1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 10 January 16 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Yes that is how it appears according to the information I have been given, and the family details tie in with our family

Offline Bron1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 10 January 16 12:31 GMT (UK) »
There was a Joseph Beasley and family on the same ship. He is believed to be her brother. I haven't looked further into that yet.

Offline N Farrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 19 January 16 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, it was great to stumble across this thread, I am a descendant of William Owen Kitchener Dent who arrived on the John in 1840, Williams daughter Ann who arrived with him in 1840 and a daughter William had in 1843 in Port Elliot, Emma, were married to two brothers William Farrow and Edgar Farrow respectively. Edgar Farrow and Emma Dent are my great great grand parents. Does anyone have any pictures of William Owen Kitchener Dent or know where in Warwickshire they lived prior to leaving for Australia. I have a photo of Ann Dent but would love to find one of Emma Dent so if anyone has one or any information regarding Emma and/or Ann can you please let me know.

Offline Kisschick64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 05:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi N Farrow,

No pics of WOK unfortunately....would also love one but he is an elusive man. He and Ellenor were married in Foleshill and most of the births show as Coventry. Its rumoured that Ellenor was a Gypsy and that his parents funded their trip to Oz because of the shame of that. I don't have a pic of Emma but I do have one of Edgar on my ancestry. I will send u my email address.

Offline Bron1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 20 January 16 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi N Farrow, great to see your post.  I am also descended from this mystery man. William Owen Kitchener Dent.  A few other descendants and I have been trying to unravel the mystery. It is difficult as there don't seem to be any registrations in the early South Australian days and what ones we have found give very little information. I dont know if there are more detailed records written. For example, on the official marriage record on Ancestry it says my ancestor's father was WOK but on the copy I received in the mail, there were no parents named.
I have tried to get in touch with bgor and Diane Cummings who compiled the passenger lists that are on record. There are a lot of things we need to confirm yet.
If you would like to contact me by email I would be happy to keep you updated with what we find.. 

Bron

Offline N Farrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 21 January 16 03:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kisschick, thanks for the information, getting a picture of Edgar would be fantastic I will email you.

Offline N Farrow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 21 January 16 03:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bron, thanks also for the reply its great to have contact with others descending from the same family line. I am keen to keep contact so we can all share what information we do find.

Offline Bron1958

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 21 January 16 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi N Farrow,  yes I think it is the only way we are going to get anywhere with this family, if at all... 
I am always keen to meet family :)