Author Topic: Harbison/Herbison  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Harbison/Herbison
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 04 May 24 00:47 BST (UK) »
Not the one I seek then. Thank you for the laying it to rest. My 3 x GrandAunt, Isabella McCurry married John H*rbison in Limavady 1850.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 04 May 24 07:38 BST (UK) »

My 3 x GrandAunt, Isabella McCurry married John H*rbison in Limavady 1850.

Just adding the link for others-

S.R. District   Newtownlimavady
John HARBISON married Isabella McCURRY - 2 December 1850 at Tamlaght-Finlagan Parish Church.
Fathers Robert Harbinson a carpenter, and Alexander McCurry a fisherman.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1850/09396/5403757.pdf

Isabella living in the townland of Carriclare [sic].
https://www.townlands.ie/londonderry/keenaght/tamlaght-finlagan/myroe/carrowclare/

https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4846562#map=12/55.0825/-6.9863

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 04 May 24 08:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you for the additional detail. Isabella was William McCurry's sister. William was my 3 x Grandfather. B 1824. His daughter, Sarah Jane, married John Smyth, B. 1838 Mulkeeragh. Marriage 1872, also Tamlaght Finlagan. Their son was my Grandfather, Joseph Smyth. Alexander McCurry, Father to Isabella and William was born 1777 approx and married 4 times, his last wife being Ann, Mother to Isabella and William.

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 04 May 24 13:08 BST (UK) »
Not the one I seek then. Thank you for the laying it to rest. My 3 x GrandAunt, Isabella McCurry married John H*rbison in Limavady 1850.

I looked at the 1901 census listing you mentioned and noted the children's names as Margaret, Thomas, Alexander and Rachel Moore. Trouble is, I can't seem to find their birth registrations. I did find Rebecca's marriage to a James Montgomery in 1888 in Belfast.

???

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 04 May 24 14:10 BST (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 04 May 24 20:55 BST (UK) »
Yes, we have the right Moore family here because Ann Jane Moore is the sister (and witness)
Ann Jane remarried unmarried at the 1911 census and was living with her Brother, Thomas.
Their Mother, Margaret Jane H*rbison's marriage to James Moore eludes me so far and the Moore name is almost as bad as Smith. It will fall into place eventually.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 05 May 24 17:21 BST (UK) »

She died 9 July 1911 in Leymore townland.

Here she was in 1911 census with her family.
House 5 in Leymore (Kirkinriola, Antrim).
https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Kirkinriola/Leymore/118625/

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Sunday 05 May 24 18:30 BST (UK) »
Thank you so much for continuing the search but Margaret Reid is not her. She is the step daughter of the earlier pages of this post. My one is the same age and name but she married James Moore and in the 1901 census is with some of her adult Moore children in Stranocum. She is listed as Margaret Jane Harbison on the record of Ann Jane Moore's birth.

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 05 May 24 18:52 BST (UK) »
Ann Jane Moore is living with the young boy William Montgomery, presumably the son of Rebecca Moore, in the 1911 census, in the home of Thomas Moore.