Author Topic: Harbison/Herbison  (Read 4346 times)

Online Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Re: Harbison/Herbison
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 05 May 24 19:19 BST (UK) »

Ann Jane Moore is living with the young boy William Montgomery, presumably the son of Rebecca Moore, in the 1911 census, in the home of Thomas Moore.

Links-

1911 census
House 32 in Drumsough (Sharvogues, Antrim)
https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Sharvogues/Drumsough/111167/

William (then aged 13 yrs) born 20 January 1898 at 8 Jerusalem Street, Belfast
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1898/02098/1799551.pdf

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline lanarman

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 06 May 24 02:33 BST (UK) »
For what it's worth: I cannot find a Margaret (Jane) Harbison marriage in N. Ireland to a Moore so I tried jumping the water to Scotland and found one possibility for you:
Margaret Herbison, her mother's surname was Davidson and she was married in 1856 in Dalry (Ayrshire).  You would have to pay on the SP website to obtain details on who she married. A long shot, I know.

Offline Jo McKee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 06 May 24 02:51 BST (UK) »
Entirely feasible quite likely in my view. The older children probably born there. Thank you so much, I just wanted to make sure I had the right families. So many of my Presbyterian lines were over the water to and fro, seasonal work or family ties. If James Moore was born in Scotland, even if he just married in Scotland,  I may get a lead from there to my Antrim Moores as the records are so much better. Will march on!