Author Topic: Lying in Hospital Endell St - PR's  (Read 10324 times)

Offline Lady Di

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Lying in Hospital Endell St - PR's
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 23 July 11 07:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the tip kylejustin,

I'll follow up and see what extra information is there.

Much appreciated.

Di
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Joeyd007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 10:34 GMT (UK) »
i know this is an old thread,

but if you go on the non conformist registers site, you can search for the baptisms. i found my ancestor with 2 entries, a year ago. i thought they were the same image, like ancestry does sometimes. so i only downloaded 1 page. it was the basic register information.

then 2day i decided to get the other image, and it was the admission register. it gave the names of the wives, their husbands names and occupations, her due dates, when the baby was born and christened, plus its name. and when the mother was discharged. it also gave the name of the person who recommende her to the hospital.

and this is 1801. so i think you could luck if you didnt try that site!!

Brilliant - thanks for this. Really useful. Ancestry has an index only record and we all know how accurate they can be, so it was great to be able to look at the actual entry, especially the admission register. My relative was bought in already in labour, which seems to be quite unusual.
Gaiger, Craig, Dawson.

Offline Mean_genie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Digitised images of the registers RG8/52-61 Particulars of patients 1749-1868 and RG8/62-64 Births & baptisms 1749-1814, and RG8/65-66 Baptisms 1814-1830 have been on Ancestry for a while, as part of 'England and Wales, Non-Conformist and Non-Parochial Registers 1567-1970' The registers are much easier to browse than on BMDregisters/The Genealogist, and they are described as 'Holborn, British Lying-in Hospital' in the drop-down menu for RG 8.

Offline Joeyd007

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 24 February 16 12:15 GMT (UK) »
How annoying! I could only see the non image ones when I searched. Have just found them now though. Thanks for letting me know.  :)
Gaiger, Craig, Dawson.