Author Topic: Blantyre/East Kilbride Cemetry Lookup for Robert WALKER - 1804 to 1840  (Read 948 times)

Offline davem1995

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Blantyre/East Kilbride Cemetry Lookup for Robert WALKER - 1804 to 1840
« on: Wednesday 18 November 09 18:18 GMT (UK) »
This might be a bit of a long shot but does anyone know of (or can look up) any records for the parishes of Blantyre and East Kilbride for a Robert Walker who died between 1804 and 1841.  Outside chance it may be Bothwell parish!

OPRs show him being born 9 Nov 1804 and christened 10 Nov 1804 in East Kilbride but all the other children were registered in Blantyre parish.  However, he is not in the 1841 Census and there is a thought he may have died shortly after his birth. 
Parents would have been James and Margaret.

Nothing matching his death appears in the OPRs that I can find but I wondered if there were any non OPR records for these parishes that may show up such a death or the burial?

Thanks
Dave
Researching:

Birmingham - Baker, Russell
Gloucestershire  - Milsom
Kent - White
Renfrewshire - Walker, White
Worcestershire - Milsom, Brotherton, Turton, Richardson
Wales (Monmouthshire) - Milsom

Offline Henry7

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Blantyre/East Kilbride Cemetry Lookup for Robert WALKER - 1804 to 1840
« Reply #1 on: Friday 20 November 09 18:00 GMT (UK) »
Dave -

Is there a chance your Robert Walker might have moved away from home? 

According to family legend an ancestor of mine was Robert Walker, a schoolmaster in Fife or Clackmannan around 1840; he is supposed to have come "from the west". He would be my father's mother's mother's grandfather - a bit of the line I haven't explored yet.  All I know is that he had a son and a grandson, both also called Robert Walker, and that the grandson emigrated to New Zealand.

It's a very long shot, with such a popular name, but maybe?

Harry.
Ballingall, Donaldson, Fulton, Gillespie, Ramsay, Walker - in Fife.
Bury - in Salford & Liverpool.
Jack - in Glasgow, Dunfermline & Dundee.
Bermingham/Birmingham - in Cork.
Eagle - in Norfolk, Edinburgh & Glasgow.