Author Topic: Nenagh Parish -  (Read 4850 times)

Offline maddison

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Nenagh Parish -
« on: Thursday 26 November 09 05:06 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Is anyone able to access parish baptisms for the 1790s in Nenagh?  I can't find anything on the IGI.  I am trying to find something on Ann Vaughan who I believe was born in Nenagh approx 1794/5.  Father may have been Dennis.
Thanks
Maddison
Hickey, Mulhare, Withers, Nixon, Bartlett, Chorley, Lomax, Latimer, Milton, Pearce, Donnelly, Crotty, Elphick, Hadley.

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Nenagh Parish -
« Reply #1 on: Friday 27 November 09 23:39 GMT (UK) »
The Tipperary North genealogy site has the Nenagh parish records available online. It is free to search the index but is 5euros to view and download a record. I did a quick search for Vaughan -nothing for Ann c. 1795 The earliest record for Vaughan seems to be a marriage in 1802and baptisms from 1812.
Website http://tipperarynorth.brsgenealogy.com/search.php

annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline maddison

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Nenagh Parish -
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 November 09 09:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi AnnClare
Thanks for that info.  This family is proving difficult because they were silk and cotton weavers and they seem to pop up in various parts of England, Scotland and Ireland.  Was trying to find something of Ann Vaughan's parents - think her father may have been Dennis Vaughan but not sure. Will have to keep trying.  Thanks again.
Maddison
Hickey, Mulhare, Withers, Nixon, Bartlett, Chorley, Lomax, Latimer, Milton, Pearce, Donnelly, Crotty, Elphick, Hadley.