Author Topic: "completed thanks" ayrshire look up please  (Read 1885 times)

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My mum and dad circa 1946
    • View Profile
"completed thanks" ayrshire look up please
« on: Wednesday 09 December 09 15:13 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find out about  my grandfathers first wife, when she  died , how many children she had and what happened to their children after she died!
Marion Irvine was born 31.5.1884 although on her birth certificate her name was Agnes , there is a change at the side according to regulations at the time, her parents were William Irvine and Mary Ann McSkimming married 4.61883 in Irvine .

Marion Irvine, Domestic Servant aged 27 ,married Alexander lewis Millar 6.6.1912 at Fullerton Street , Irvine Church of Scotland.

Alexander Lewis Millar married my grandmother in 1921 so sometime between 1912 and 1921 Marion died  , she had at least 2 daughters that I know of Jean and Marion.
hope someone can help me out there.
thank you in anticipation.
regards
Elaine
 :D :D :D :D
Everyday is a school day !!!!

McCrory/McCrorie Orr and McCafferty , Northern Ireland
Orr, Adair, McCafferty,McCrorie and McCrory, Millar,Strachan, Lewis,Linn, Arnott, Scott,Kerr,McKinnon , Jeffrey or Jaffrey,Lambie, Findlay and Meechan Ayrshire Scotland.

Offline jonn

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: ayrshire look up please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 16:16 GMT (UK) »

Hello Elaine,

There is a death for a Marion Irvine Millar, 1916. Dreghorn, Ayr, she was aged 32 years, at death. You can purchase the certificate at Scotlandspeople.

If this is your lady and she married 1912, she would not have had much time to have had much more than two children.

Regards,
Jonn.

Offline elinga

• RootsChat Veteran
  • My mum and dad circa 1946
    • View Profile
Re: ayrshire look up please
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 December 09 16:28 GMT (UK) »
hi John
I did look at Scotlandspeople before but couldnt find her but thank you very much.
I will look again.
thank you again
regards
Elaine
 :D :D :D :D
Everyday is a school day !!!!

McCrory/McCrorie Orr and McCafferty , Northern Ireland
Orr, Adair, McCafferty,McCrorie and McCrory, Millar,Strachan, Lewis,Linn, Arnott, Scott,Kerr,McKinnon , Jeffrey or Jaffrey,Lambie, Findlay and Meechan Ayrshire Scotland.