Author Topic: Jane HORRIBIN  (Read 1897 times)

Online Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Jane HORRIBIN
« on: Sunday 13 December 09 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi, in the 1861 census, a person I am researching called Elizabeth Frecknall was a "visitor" in the household of James McCabe and his wife Jane (living in Worksop, Notts.) James was Irish, but Jane was born abt 1811 in Retford, Notts. - the same place as the visitor Elizabeth. This makes me think that it's most likely that Elizabeth knew the McCabes through Jane (perhaps a relative?). I found a marriage for the couple in 1860 in Worksop, James McAbe and Jane HORRIBIN. However I have been unable to trace Jane any further back than this. I'm guessing this may have been her second marriage because I can find no Horribins in Retford....and also by the fact that she was 20 years older than her husband James.   :-X Any help finding her in 1841/51 or a previous marriage would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Alexander

Online Alexander.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Jane HORRIBIN
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 13 December 09 00:25 GMT (UK) »
Oops, just found her - why do I always post on here just before I find the person I'm looking for? ???

She was actually older than I thought, she first married Samuel Horrabin in Clarborough in 1826 (her maiden name was Worsley). In 1851 they were living in Worksop but Jane transcribed as Jame.  >:(

And it turns out she was a relative...Elizabeth Frecknall's grandma was Sarah Worsley.  :)

So everyone can just about ignore this post now...and sorry to waste anyone's time reading it.

Alexander