Author Topic: Buisson  (Read 1101 times)

Offline mich2109

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Buisson
« on: Tuesday 15 December 09 10:50 GMT (UK) »

i am lookin in to the french side of my family my great grandmother was called charlotte buisson she lived in france but moved to england and had a baby i would like to know  if anyonr knows or has heard of her or could give me sum more information  thank you

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Buisson
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 16:10 GMT (UK) »
When did she move to England?
When/where was her child born? (If her child is no longer living then can you give his/her information?)
What documents (census, birth certificates, marriage certificates, etc) do you have on the family?

You have not given enough information for people to help you, really, but I had quick look and turned up the following:

http://www.1911census.co.uk/
 - if she is the Charlotte shown here in Barton upon Irwell with son Max, then you should purchase the details of this census, particularly to see if it says where in France she came from, and also Max's birth certificate might help.

She appears to have been in a relationship with William Robertson who she appears to be living with in 1911; there are several more children who appear to have been registered as "Buisson" with same mother's name and then subsequently amended to be "Robertson" in 1929.  Also a marriage in 1929 between William Robertson and Charlotte "Buesson".  These are all shown on freebmd.rootsweb.com

The marriage certificate from 1929 would help you by showing her father's name and occupation.
Max appears to be indexed as Maximilian Levy Buisson aka Maximilian Levy which may mean his father's name was on the certificate.

She is unlikely to appear on any immigration records, so the certificates and census are your best source of info. The name Buisson seems fairly common and not limited to one particular area of France (you can look at that here: http://www.geopatronyme.com/ ).  You'll need more info on her before you can go back to French records.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mich2109

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 20:06 GMT (UK) »
yeah she had a son called max then she went on to marry robertson and have 2 more children with him its charlottes family that im havin trouble tracing

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 December 09 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Do you have the marriage certificate from 1929? If you don't you need that - it should have her father's name on it.
Do you have Max's birth certificate? That's the first trace of her in England so the information from it (addresses etc) could be important.

You can see the references on freebmd.rootsweb.com (marriage under Buesson, birth of Max and the other three kids under Buisson), and then order certificates via www.gro.gov.uk

Without more information it is not possible to trace her in France. There are no national indexes of births etc, the name Buisson is relatively common and not confined to one location, and there will be no passenger list for her because that information was not kept.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk