Author Topic: Tracing the Buckles From Yorkshire  (Read 4287 times)

Offline paulbuckle

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tracing the Buckles From Yorkshire
« on: Tuesday 29 December 09 15:24 GMT (UK) »
I have a bit of info already but am stuck at a point. I was wondering does anyone know of any family related to an Amy sykes buckle born in 1900? as in who she married if indeed she did and if she had any children.

Also i would like to trace back from her grandfather John Buckle who married Anna maria fothergill, John was born in 1826 and anna was born in 1829 does anyone have or know there parents?
The Family from that point seems to be from Bedale in North Yorkshire, I have been able to trace amy's brothers and sisters and parents (Charles and emma) who had between them 9 children what ive found so far. If anyone has any info regarding the buckle family from yorkshire Before 1826 and after 1900 to present id love to hear from you. please email me at

Moderator comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses, please use the Personal Message system to send such information - it will be available after you post again

Thanks very much

Paul Buckle

Offline jim1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ain't life grand
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing the Buckles From Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul & welcome
First thing to do is remove your email address.Replies will be posted on here or after you have completed 3 posts a personal message can be sent to you.
There are 2 John Buckle births at Bedale at this time,to George & Mary & the other to John & Jane.You'll need to get his marriage to verify which one it is.
Anna Maria's parents are Francis Fothergill & Ann Heslop.More info. if needed.
jim
Warks:Ashford;Cadby;Clarke;Clifford;Cooke Copage;Easthope;
Edmonds;Felton;Colledge;Lutwyche;Mander(s);May;Poole;Withers.
Staffs.Edmonds;Addison;Duffield;Webb;Fisher;Archer
Salop:Easthope,Eddowes,Hoorde,Oteley,Vernon,Talbot,De Neville.
Notts.Clarke;Redfearne;Treece.
Som.May;Perriman;Cox
India Kane;Felton;Cadby
London.Haysom.
Lancs.Gay.
Worcs.Coley;Mander;Sawyer.
Kings of Wessex & Scotland
Census information is Crown copyright,from
www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

Offline paulbuckle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 16:45 GMT (UK) »
oops sorry. thanks for the insight. I belive im looking at the john buckle born to george buckle and mary alderson. Is there anyway that i can find out who georges parents were, george being born in 1801 in bedale north yokshire.
I belive that the john and jane marraige was one of georges relatives from a later date. I think he was born to charles buckle and emma sykes.

im interested also to find out any info going back from:
Arthur Buckle Born 1901 Holbeck Leeds, Yorkshire.

They are my Father,Grandfather and great grandfather am interested if anyone knows or has the resources to know who was Arthur Buckles father and grand father i do know that Arthue married a Riley around 1921

Many Thanks Paul Buckle

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 16:52 GMT (UK) »
www.freebmd.org.uk is a good place to start for post 1837 entries.   If any of the people in your posts are still living please can you remove their details?   We do not allow any mention of living people on rootschat to avoid identity fraud etc.  You can click the modify button, alter the post and then click save.
Thanks
Andrea

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 17:23 GMT (UK) »
freebmd has a marriage for Arthur Buckle to Derinda Riley in 1921 in Leeds so if that sounds right you could send for the certificate and that will give his father's name and occupation.
There are possible births for children in the index too and also one in 1901 that will probably be Derinda - it is such an unusual name.  After the 1901 census though so you will need to look at the 1911.  The index is free to search but you have to pay to view the image.
Andrea

Offline paulbuckle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 29 December 09 17:27 GMT (UK) »
Derinda riley was my great gran yes she must be as my aunt from the buckle side is also called derinda,

Offline CarlBuck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 16:05 BST (UK) »
Could this buckle family be any relation of George Percival Buckle, of holbeck, on the 1911 census he's living with his widowed grandmother Emma buckle?

Offline brightmount

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 06 January 19 19:22 GMT (UK) »
I can see this topic is very old, but for what it’s worth, I’m a direct descendant of George Buckle (c.1750-1814) and Mary Ward, both of Bedale. I’m descended from their daughter Mary Buckle (1801-1862); I also have a son for them named George b.1788. My dad and I both have DNA tested in case it would help anyone trying to sort out their Buckle line to match against us.

Offline hadenmaiden

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 17 December 20 17:41 GMT (UK) »
Paul, Amy Sykes Buckle was the younger sister of John William Buckle, who died in WW1. Have a reasonable amount of information about him if you're interested  :)
Haden, Edwards, Bradley, Lamb, Cooper, Pool, Hepton, Ellam, Wilbe, Taylor