Author Topic: Annie Marie O'Brien Birth.  (Read 6743 times)

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Annie Marie O'Brien Birth.
« on: Thursday 31 December 09 20:24 GMT (UK) »
My Great Auntie Annie Marie O'Brien gave her county of birth in the 1911 census as Meath.She was born in 1882, the daughter of Matthew and Mary O'Brien ' nee Daly. I have had no luck in finding her in 'Family Search.org.or any other records,I have been unable to find her parents marriage either. Matthew is shown as being a constable/Farmer on Annie Maries marriage certificate in Dublin in 1910. Annie Marie had a brother William,born in 1889 in Dublin and a sister (my Grandmother) Teresa born 1894 in ? I can't find them in birth records either. There is a Matthew O'Brien listed in DMP, born in Meath that seemed to fit the bill but his wife is not Mary Daly. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

4/12/2010 I have just checked the 1901 census and I believe I found Annie living with a sister Mary living in Auburn Street Dublin which was next door to where Daniel Bushe lived who married their sister Teresa my Grand mother. In this census they now have Kings County as where they were born.

Phil J

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Marie O'Brien Birth.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 31 December 09 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Are you searching for births on LDS Pilot site or main site (www.familysearch.org)?
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails;t=searchable;c=1408347
Family Search (IGI, etc.) have some, not all Irish births 1864-c1882 but you'll need to check the civil index in the Pilot site to find details needed to order certificates.

Annie Marie's birth could be listed under Annie/Ann or Mary/Marie, both names or registered as 'female' if no Christian names were chosen at the time of registration. O'Brien might also appear on certificate as Brien, etc.

Not sure what 'DMP' is but have you searched 1911 census yet (1901 will soon be added)?
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 31 December 09 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks for that quick reply, I will check the records as you suggest. DMP is Dublin Met Police.....I have also checked the RIC records also.
Phil J

Offline judge99

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 31 December 09 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I forgot to say I have checked the census 1911 and found Annie Marie married to John Larrigy and living in Thomastown Demesne, Drumcullen, Kings County. I found brother William in Dublin.
Phil

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 31 December 09 21:11 GMT (UK) »
see previous related thread in the Dublin section : Looking for the O'Briens

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests