Author Topic: Ontario,.,. Please help  (Read 2509 times)

Offline canadian_girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ontario,.,. Please help
« on: Wednesday 06 January 10 02:04 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for information on a couple people. I am, 100 % lost on this one.

Name is Ethel Jessie Bailey, born Aug 23 1882, Onatario,, married a Fredrick Frnk Thomas, Carelton Ontario, on Sept 16 1902.. had 2 daughters that I know of, , One being a Ethel Emily Thomas as well as a possible Harriet. Have them in Ontario, and family info tells me they died in my community, but to no avail. I think they stayed in Ontario. Anyone help? Please? Thanks!! :))

Offline canadian_girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ontario,.,. Please help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 02:33 GMT (UK) »
I should add, the family info is one guy who cant find them in either area so he thinks most likely they followed her parents to Alberta.

Offline cosmac

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 03:18 GMT (UK) »
On the 1911 census for Battleford Saskatchewan there is Frederick Thomas b. 1877 Eng. and Sarah b. 1874 Eng married with daughter Ethel b. July 1903 Ont. and Florence, Charles and Lillian all born Saskatchewan.

On the 1916 census for North battleford Sask 43, 11, 3, Douglas is
Frederick F. Thomas b. 1877 Eng and wife Sarah b. 1875 Eng. with daughter Ethel E. b. 1904 Ont.,
Florence B. b. 1906 Sask, Charles F. b. 1909 Sask, Lilian R. b. 1911 Sask and Annie E.N. b. 1913 Sask.

Ethel Emily Thomas was born 30 July 1903 in Carleton.  There is a death for Jessie Thomas 25 Aug. 1903 Carleton from septic phil(?) 3 weeks duration which would tie in with complications from a 30 July birth.

Ancestry family trees show a Frederick Thomas married Sarah Hobden 30 April 1905 Saskatchewan with son Charles F. b. 1909.  Frederick dies Nov 1956 Trail, BC and Sarah 12 April 1955 Speers Saskatchewan.  One tree shows a choice between Harriet and Sarah as the name of his wife.

Debbie

Offline canadian_girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 03:56 GMT (UK) »
Blimey,, Debbie,, that makes me so happy and it all falls together! Thank you so much!! Now to find out what happened to baby Ethel,,  and find a photo lookup for Ethel Jessie..

Thanks again!! :D

Offline charlotteCH

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Genealogy's worth chatting about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, If you have any reason to think any of your lot may have died in Ontario there is a superb free data base you can search.  It's called Ontario Cemetry Finding Aid [OCFA].
I found some of my lot that way when I had no idea where they were in Canada.

This may be of help and good luck :)

charlotte

Offline canadian_girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 04:12 GMT (UK) »
Alot of family is in Ontario,, thanks I am sure I will use that tons,, LOL... On the other hand,, there is NOTHING good for Alberta,,,  very poor records here. I am going to the archives Thursday if anyone wants anything looked up.. :)

Thanks hun!

Offline charlotteCH

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 04:27 GMT (UK) »
The praries are not helpful- there is one Province where you can't get a lookup at libraries or anywhere- only way is to request it from the govt and pay a whopping big lookup fee. :P

Just read you last sentence again- when in the Library, if it's convenient,  could you look to see if there is a death in 1930s for  Donald HARGREAVES b 1910.  His death was suicide and was between 1928 & 1938. Sorry that is very imprecisebut it's all the info I have.

charlotte

Offline canadian_girl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 04:39 GMT (UK) »
And that suicide is in Alberta?? Sure Can,, have my trusty note book and wrote it down :)

Offline charlotteCH

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 05:10 GMT (UK) »
RE being in Alberta.. don't know.  All I know for sure is that it was "on the praries". 

I've tried everything I can to find it in Sask but without success.  Donald's parents lived in Moose Jaw and it doesn't seem to be in Sask. I was surprised they hadn't brought his body back to MJ for burial along with his younger bro. who died in the influenza outbreak 1919 but now assume where he died  was too far away.

If I could a date then a coroner's report would follow and also newspaper articles I'd think.  Anything at all would be of help.

charlotte

charlotte