Author Topic: St Mary's Parish - Aylesbury, Bucks  (Read 4477 times)

Offline Jack2023a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
St Mary's Parish - Aylesbury, Bucks
« on: Wednesday 06 January 10 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi
just wondering if anyone has acess to the parish records of St Mary's Aylesbury, Bucks.  Im not sure if such records are avilable for public access.

Re: PATEN family of - Aylesbury, they were of the Parish St Marys.   If anyone can help with list of all Paten's (BDM) that may come uder parish of St Mary's would be appreciated.

One family is Thomas Paten (m) Ann - (maiden name unknown) - 1725.   It seems that Thomas remarried after 1730 (wife died January 1730).

Any help with the above Thomas Paten,  or any other Paten's from parish of St Mary;s would be appreciated.

Thank you

Jack
Australia
Bryan (Lincolnshire)

Offline Marton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: St Mary's Parish - Aylesbury, Bucks
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 11:10 GMT (UK) »
hello, if you go into the I.G.I. for british isles and search for Thomas Paton, his details will come up. try Thomas, born1734, and there is a batch number at the bottom,click twice on that batch number, and on the next page just type in Paton no other details  and you should get a list of all Paton/ Patens there are in Aylesbury for that period.
best wishes Marton

Offline Jack2023a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 January 10 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marton
Thanks for the message, most appreciated

Thank you
Bryan (Lincolnshire)

Offline genista

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 January 10 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jack,
I have lists of Patens in Aylesbury going back to the 1500s. A few years ago I was trying to trace the family history of my husband's maternal side, the paton's.
It seems that his GGrandfather, William Paten, came over to Australia in 1874 and was known from thereon as William Paton. He'd been married in England but I was unable to find any trace of his wife's death. He did have a cousin William who also emigrated here, but in the 1850s. I'll have to find all my research and contact you with more details. I live outside Toowoomba in Qld.
Helen
Turley, Card (Speldhurst,Withyham) Goble (Surrey), Allen (Sittingbourne, Faversham) Stark (Germany, Australia), Paton/Paten (Aylesbury,Buckinghamshire,UK, Qld. Australia).

Offline Jack2023a

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 10:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi Helen
It was strange to receive your message.
Many early records from England - re: Paten family - were actually spelt as Paton which at times makes it difficult to research back further.

Your help would be appreciated. 
There was a Paton is Sydney 1860s/70s - he was recorded as Paten, but when I researched this particular Paten - he turns out to be Paton, he was charged with horse theft I think.   But there would be many Paton's in Australia.  My e-mail address is  (*)  I am south of Sydney.

Our line stems back to a Robert Paten b. 1726 - Aylesbury, before this - the name seems to be Paton in some records.

Jack

Moderator Comment: email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses. Please use our secure PM (personal message) system to share email addresses and other personal information. Thank You.
Bryan (Lincolnshire)

Offline bucksboy

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I'll thank you all now, in case I forget.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 04 October 10 01:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Aussie jack,

Thomas Paton(of Aylesbury) married Ann Paton(of Aylesbury)  at  St.Mary's.  12th.Dec. 1725.  His Occupation is given as Butcher.

Burial - Ann Paton 21st. Jan. 1730.  Wife of Thomas, Butcher.

Baptism - Thomas Paton 12 Dec. 1697.   Born 11 Dec. 1697.  Son of John Paton Jnr.  (The only baptism for a Thomas for around his possible marital age).

Baptism - Robert  30th Oct. 1726. b.24th.Oct.1726.  Son of Thomas & Ann Paton  Occ.Butcher.

Sorry, that's all the possible info I can see for your Patons/Patens/Patone.

Steve.
Ives, Stevens, Allen, Smith, King, Wooster, Elwood from Monks and Princes Risborough, Aylesbury, Wendover, Great Missenden, Bledlow, Horsenden, Saunderton, West Wycombe, High Wycombe, Lacey Green, Longwick, Illmer,  Hughenden, Prestwood, The Kimbles, Haslemere, Bradenham, Aston Clinton and more......!!  Plus a whole host of Oxfordshire areas.
Graham, Pimlott, Burgess from Cheshire and Lancashire area.
Acknowledgemets to http://www.bucksfhs.org.uk/  and  http://www.ofhs.org.uk/