Author Topic: Caseys and Kilkers of Belmullet  (Read 2491 times)

Offline yacolttom

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Caseys and Kilkers of Belmullet
« on: Sunday 10 January 10 15:59 GMT (UK) »
I am researching Casey and Kilker families from County Mayo, Belmullet area. Purportedly, either Thomas Casey or Patrick Casey moved to Austaralia from Chicago, IL. They worked in Chicago for a brother-in-law, William Coughlin, a tavern owner. William Coughlin died in Chicago in 1900. The Casey, who reportedly moved to Australia, could have left Chicago prior to William Coughlin's death or after it. Specific dates of their movements have eluded me so far, but Thomas Casey was born in Jan 1859 and Patrick Casey was born in February 1856, both in Belmullet, County Mayo. Their parents were James Casey and Mary Kilker. Mary Kilker was born in Belmullet and died in Chicago in 1897 at 79 years of age. I still have many gaps on the purported thirteen children born to James and Mary Casey. My Ggrandmother was the youngest of the Caseys, Susan Theresa Casey, born in Belmullet ca. 1862 and emigrated to Chicago, IL in 1880, marrying Patrick F. Kane in 1883. I'm hoping to fill in the gaps if I can find some of the Casey siblings. My best lead to the family, right now, is the Casey, who went to Australia. If any of this information relates to your searches please feel free to respond.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Tom Schenk
Yacolt, WA  USA