Author Topic: mary harrison  (Read 2579 times)

Offline scouser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
mary harrison
« on: Sunday 10 January 10 18:44 GMT (UK) »
hi can any one find out what happened to mary harrison after 1816 when her husband died during the war she lived in onterio minton did she die or get married again she was born about 1873 did she have children she came from liverpool england in 1910 with her husband septimus can any one help scouser
lloyd liverpool bowen liverpool hose liverpool aindow liverpool lloyd brampton spouge notts

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary harrison
« Reply #1 on: Monday 11 January 10 01:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scouser

On the 1911 Canada Census, Mary and Septimus Harrison are living in the Wellington South area, Ontario.

Septimus, age 32, married, born February 1879 England, emigrated 1910, Anglican, occupation laborer for railway
Mary, age 37, married, born August 1873 England, emigrated 1910, Anglican

I'll see if I can find them on a Passenger list to Canada.

Regards, Susan

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 January 10 04:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scouser

I believe I found them aboard the Laurentic arriving in Quebec on May 9, 1910.  There is a notation that their destination was Moffat, PQ but I think it should be Ontario.  The image is very faint so not easy to read.

I don't know if you already have this information but hope it helps.

Susan

Offline scouser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 11 January 10 19:00 GMT (UK) »
thank you susan i did have that info but thanks anyway he died during the war i dont know what happened to mary after that did she come back home? susan
lloyd liverpool bowen liverpool hose liverpool aindow liverpool lloyd brampton spouge notts

Offline susano

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 13 January 10 08:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you requested the complete file for Septimus Harrison's war service?  There is a charge for photocopying ($0.40/page I think) and postage but it might give you some clues about Mary's whereabouts after Septimus's death.  It might be a worthwhile investment.

You can get information about ordering the file at the following address:  http://www.rootschat.com/links/07ua/

I did have a quick look at the UK Incoming Passenger lists to see if I could find Mary returning to England after his death but nothing jumped out.  Unfortunately, Mary Harrison is a fairly common name.

I can't really offer any other suggestions at this point.

Susan