Author Topic: Norcott Atkins & his mum ?  (Read 2891 times)

Offline Surfcoast35

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Norcott Atkins & his mum ?
« on: Monday 11 January 10 05:08 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the family history of Norcott Atkins b.abt 1830-34 Waterford, for some of his Aussie descendants.
Norcott married Eleanor Boylett in 1858 in Victoria, Aust. They had 5 children, moved to NZ where Norcott died in 1868.
However his ancestors are a problem.
He gave Abram Atkins & Camilla D'Esterre as his parents in his Aus marr cert.
But there is no ancestral history of Camilla that I can find.
Then in Rootsweb online there is an Abram Atkins marr to a Catherine D'Esterre who could be his parents - or his grandparents ?.
There is also some conjecture that a Abram also married Barbara Argentine T Silver.
There was a Barbara Argentine T Silver died in Victoria in 1875 at the age of 58 yrs.
At this stage it seems to me that both Norcott's father and grandfather were named Abram ?
Can anybody help sort out this confusion ??

Moderator's Comment: see also other thread  on Nocott Atkins:
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,429730.msg2943561.html#msg2943561

Offline Declyn

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Norcott Atkins & his mum ?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 February 10 21:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have been researching the Norcott family tree for a number of years, the Norcotts married into the d'esterre family, thats how I came to find the relation to the Atkins family.
Norcott D'Esterre Atkins is my 4th cousin

I have  Norcott D'Esterre parents as Abram and Camilla D'Esterre, his grandparents were Abram and Catherine D'Esterre, Camilla's father was Henry D'Esterre, I have no information on him other that he was born in Ireland
Catherine's D'Esterre parents were Arthur Norcott D'Esterre and Annie Parker
Norcott married Eleanor Boylett b 1839 Gloucsestershire England.
hope this helps I have been in contact with several of the Atkins decsendants who have given me this information

Regards
Declyn

Offline Jaynaya

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 September 20 01:39 BST (UK) »
Hello,

My name is Jaynaya D'Esterre Atkins. Norcott D'Esttere (1860v - ~1938) is my great, great grandfather on my paternal side. I am trying to find more information about my family history. From what I know, Norcott D'Esterre Atkins (1833 - 1869) father of the late Norcott D'Esterre, was born in Waterford Ireland and passed in NZ as you say and was a descendant of Norcott D'Esterre (1761 - 1799), Henry D'Esterre (1684 - 1751) & Lucia Norcott (1700 - 1780), Henry Dester (born in France; death  County Clare, IR; date unknown) & Annie Amy Van Boffar (no info). Abram Atkins II (1775 - 1799) & III (1816 - 1867) I believe were Norcott's father (II) and brother (III)...
I'm still figuring all this out and am need to talk with my aunt and grandmother again, as it's been some time since I discussed our geneaology...but I am interested in any information anyone may have about the Atkins and D'Esterre family line and their associated spouse's lineages.

Thank you.

Jaynaya

Offline Kingbilly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 17 September 22 02:37 BST (UK) »
I have extensively researched the D'Esterre, Norcott and Atkins families in Ireland and posted the results on Wikitree (see https://www.wikitree.com/genealogy/Atkins-Family-Tree-4528)