Author Topic: Thomas Mepham abt 1791  (Read 4509 times)

Offline daveymax

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Mepham abt 1791
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 May 11 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi.............well I was born and bred in Barry. I'll be there over the May b/hol. My maternal grandmother was Edith Maud Mepham b 1894. She was one of approx 16 children of Henry Mepham and Sarah Jane Knight. I have a house in Barry, though live in Sussex. I have a family tree found at http://www.tribalpages.com/tribes/daveymax. Take a look and ask me for the password and you will then see lots of Mepham names. Most Mephams came originally from Sussex & Kent. The ancestry of Thomas b 1790 was obtained from "Tibbymay" who lives in Ontario. Good Luck, D

Offline andytim1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 May 11 11:37 BST (UK) »
My mum was born in Woodland Road, Barry and the Mephams lived opposite. My mum's brother married into the Mepham family. My gt grandfather was the Pier master at Barry Docks.I will look at your tree but I am away this weekend in Torquay so will look whwn I come back.
Many thanks

Offline daveymax

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 14 May 11 19:57 BST (UK) »
I have copies of the original birth details of Thomas b 19/06/1790, and his marriage to Susannah Avis in 08/06/1820 in Withyham Sussex, and also his parents marriage in 14/10/1784 which I could send you. There seems to be only one Susannah Avis in the records from Chiddingstone near Withyham, christened on 29/07/1798 who is probably our ancestor.
I still have no absolute proof that Mary Quaife was the mother of Thomas b 1790. Nor that his grandparents were another Thomas b circa 1710 who married Mary Crouch on 01/10/1735 in Wartling Sussex, not far from Battle.
I would also like to have a copy of the exact birth details of William b circa 1828 in Poplar?
Speak soon, D

Offline andytim1967

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 15 May 11 22:56 BST (UK) »
yes please. My email is *

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php