Author Topic: Elyder Rees born c.1838 Pembrey  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Elyder Rees born c.1838 Pembrey
« on: Tuesday 15 March 05 19:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Elyder (or Elydir) Rees was born c.1838 in Killymaenllwyd (or Cilymaenllwyd) Pembrey Carmarthen.   I have traced his brothers through 1871, 1891 & 1891 but can find no trace of Elyder.  He may have died young but I have not found a record of his death.

Can anyone help me find Elyder?

Gerry

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Re: Elyder Rees born c.1838 Pembrey
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 March 05 22:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

It doesn't look if he is in Carmarthen, he has moved.
I'll send you the info via private message

There is  also a death in 1892 for an Elyder Rees on the free BMD , June quarter , Pancras ( which spans london and middlesex) vol 1b page 77 - age 53, which looks if it ties  up to the area where he is.

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 March 05 16:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cell

Thank you for finding another of the Rees family.  Elyder was one of four brothers and I have found out quite a lot about them, apart from Elyder.   Have read your PM and it sounds like Elyder came to a lowly end.   Was he the only Rees in Bloomsbury in 1891?    The IGI records his birth  in 1838 and Free BMD his death in 1892 but I can find nothing in between. Researching the Rees tree has been most rewarding and much of this is down to the lead you gave me about Cillymaenllwyd.    I think there is more to uncover and I will write to the Llanelli Historical Society and ask if they can help.   Many thanks for all your help Cell

Gerry

Offline Bexb86

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 25 May 20 15:54 BST (UK) »
Hi, sorry to post on an old post. The 4 Rees brothers are the start of my family tree, so I’m keen to find out more about them. If anyone can point me in the right direction.

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 17:52 BST (UK) »
Hello B...

First, can I welcome you to RootsChat.   My late wife had close roots to the Rees family and many years ago I researched her family history.   I'm happy to share this history with you..   You mention four brothers. the start of your family tree.   My research of the Rees family included four brothers: John Vanderhorst (1834-1908),  Eylder (1838-1892), Mansel (1840-1898) and Richard Montague (1844-1918).   Who was your relation?  Let me know if I can be of  help.

Regards
Gerry

Offline Bexb86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 18:13 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for the reply. I’m not sure which one yet, I’m awaiting a copy of the family tree from my aunt. She had one written up many years ago, but I’ve not seen it since.  The only thing I do know, is that they are direct descendants and one of the brothers is my great great great etc grandfather. My Nan was Dorothea Rees

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 18:56 BST (UK) »
Dorothea, or, Dorothy Rees?   Do you have an approximate date of birth/death of your Nan?

Offline Bexb86

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 19:04 BST (UK) »
Dorothea and she was born 15th March 1922/23/24

That’s all I can find out now. My aunt who had all the family tree stuff, no longer has it. So it looks like I’m starting from scratch

Offline Gerry

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 26 May 20 19:22 BST (UK) »
From my research I don't recognise the 1920s dates.   Do get in touch when your receive your aunt's details of the family tree.