Author Topic: DOYLE, Bray  (Read 8984 times)

Offline clongafa

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DOYLE, Bray
« Reply #9 on: Friday 22 January 10 18:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Shane,

Got Thomas Sinnott and Mary Doyle's wedding certificate today, thanks for all your help.

I now know that Mary was born in 1851, so she is not your Mary born in 1841.   I know that her father was Patrick Doyle, a labourer and I believe her mother was Eliza or Elizabeth Doyle.   One of the witnesses at the wedding was Sarah Doyle, possibly a sister.

Thanks for the help.

Angela.

Offline OB

• I am sorry but my email is no longer in use.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 June 10 19:24 BST (UK) »
Hi........I have an interest in "Doyle" family info. My great grandmother Anna Doyle married Laurence Byrne. They had 3 children: Laurence (Jr.) (c 1852), a daughter and a 2nd son James (c1861).

Laurence (Jr) (c 1852) died 11 Oct 1896 at house #2, Ballinagappogue, Aughrim, County Wicklow. His will has a "witness" to the last testament as Patrick Sinnott.  My point is his name (Sinnott) and location on this date, ie aughrim area. Does this help you?

Offline clongafa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 11 June 10 21:03 BST (UK) »
Hi OB,

There may well be a connection.   Thomas and Mary had a son called Patrick, he would have been too young at that time to witness a will, but maybe he was called after a brother of Thomas,  and that might be the witness to the will.

I will keep an eye out for your family names in my research.

Thanks for letting me know.

Angela.