Author Topic: Theodore FRITSCH/FRITCH  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Beakie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Theodore FRITSCH/FRITCH
« on: Sunday 17 January 10 17:03 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me please?       I am trying to trace a relative of mine:-   
Theodore Fritsch or sometimes spelt Fritch.   He was born in 1892 in England and I am told that he emigrated to Canada just prior to WW1.   I think he might have gone to work either in forestry work or in a paper mill.

I know it is not much to go on, but I would be delighted if anyone can help me.

Thank you.
Beakie

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Theodore FRITSCH/FRITCH
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 January 10 17:59 GMT (UK) »
A later date than you are looking for but:- There is a Theodore Age 32  and Eve Fritsch Age 25  of 33 Bellgrove Road. London W 10. He was an accountant. Date 3 Sept 1924 on the Empress of Scotland . Quebec to Southampton
 ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 January 10 21:59 GMT (UK) »
The Drouin Collection has the following marriage:

Québec (Anglican) (Québec (Saint Mathew`s Church))
Thomas Theodore Fritch of Kenogami, Quebec to Mary Eva Gill of Newfoundland on 27 Aug 1924.

No parents names or ages for the couple (other than that they were of major age) were included in the entry.

From the Form 30s, Thomas Fritch, 32, born London, England, returned from vacation with Mary Eva Fritch and was destined for Kenogami, Quebec. The Form 30 indicates he first arrived in Canada in Apr 1914 (at Saint John, New Brunswick). In the space for naming the closest relative in the country from which he came, he left it blank.  Mary Eva was 25, born in Botwood, Newfoundland and she had first arrived in Canada on 13 Jul 1912 in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Newfoundland was not part of Canada until 1949). The date of sailing was listed as 27 Sep 1924. It looks like the name of the ship was E of France which refers to the Empress of France.

Thomas Fritch arrived in Saint John, New Brunswick on the Royal George on 2 Apr 1914. He indicates he was born in England and was a corn merchant heading to Montreal. Here's a link to the passenger list at Library and Archives Canada (he's near the bottom of the page):
http://www.rootschat.com/links/07vq/

Also in the Drouin Collection are two birth entries (listed twice) for daughters born to this couple as follows:

Kénogami (Anglican Church, St-James Church)

P.M., daughter of Thomas Theodore Fritch, accountant, Town of Kenogami, County of Chicoutimi, Province of Quebec and of Mary Eva by her maiden name Gill, his wife was born on the second day of September one thousand nine hundred and twenty five and was baptised on the eleventh day of October in the same year aforesaid.

M.E.R., second child of Thomas Fritch, accountant of Kenogami, Chicoutimi County, Province of Quebec and of his wife Mary (Gill) was born on the twenty third day of October in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and twenty eight and was publicly baptised on the thirteenth day of January in the year following. 

I will PM the names of the daughters to you as there is a chance they could still be living.

I couldn't find anything for a Fritch/Fritsch using the given name Theodore or Ted. I see from the birth entry in the Free BMD that his birth was registered under the name Theodore Thomas Fritsch so this very well could be your man. He was also baptised as Theodore Thomas on 27 Mar 1892 in All Saints' Kensington.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

Offline Beakie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 12:25 GMT (UK) »

Dettori28 and Jacquie

Thank you both very much indeed for your help.    I really didn't think that I would be able to get any information on Theodore.   I think this is the one I was looking for particularly the details in you PM Jacquie.

You folks are so helpful to us beginners and thank you once again for giving up your time on my behalf.
Best wishes,
Debbie the Beak (Beakie)

Offline gnomeo11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 14:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Beakie

Just wanted to say hi, as I think we maybe 3rd cousins if there is such a thing??!! 
My G.G Grandfather was Frederick Fritsch.  Was going to PM you but I have to post 3x before I can!

I have just started to look into the Fritsch/Frith family and you have already helped me, so also wanted to say thank you :D 

Thanks
 Gnomeo

Offline Beakie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 03 March 14 17:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gnomeo11,
Firstly I am very sorry that I have not replied before now, however I haven't been on the site for some time and I must have missed the notification of your email.
Wow, this is a surprise.  Frederick was my Grandfather.   I have a lot about the Fritsch/Frith family.
There are still some of us around, so it would be great to work out your connection with the various people.
Very best wishes,

Offline gnomeo11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 March 14 13:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My turn to say sorry for not replying sooner! Frederick Fritsch's son, John Emil born 1923, was my lovely Grandfather. Sadly, he is no longer with us.  Reading through the archives, I believe that you have had contact with Bob regarding my mother's line.

It would be great to hear more about the family but I'm not sure what the process should be.  I would be very happy to be advised.

Look forward to hearing from you :D

Gnomeo

Offline Beakie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 21 March 14 17:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi again,
Yes I was in contact with Bob a couple of times, but I didn't get a reply to my last email. Perhaps it will be a good idea to wait until you are in a position to PM me.   
Best wishes

Offline gnomeo11

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 22 March 14 10:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Sounds good to me  :)