Author Topic: BROUGHTON Photo - Does anyone recognise this Character  (Read 884 times)

Offline jaybees

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
BROUGHTON Photo - Does anyone recognise this Character
« on: Sunday 17 January 10 23:52 GMT (UK) »
I would certainly relish any help in the recognition of this BROUGHTON Character.

From information received by me it would appear that he was originally born in the Rotherhithe area, Surrey, about 1890.    However, as he was a Merchant Seaman by trade, he apparently spent most of his early life in the Newcastle, Hull areas.   He eventually settled in Australia about 1920.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jamjar

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Scottish GGGrandmother-Grace MORRISON née JARDINE
    • View Profile
Re: BROUGHTON Photo - Does anyone recognise this Character
« Reply #1 on: Monday 18 January 10 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Have you had him on the Australia board?

I'm a tad confused, nothing new there.  ;D How do you have all that information about him and know that he settled in Australia about 1920, if you don't know who he is?

Jamjar
Atkinson; Badier; Cameron; Grant; Howie; Jardine; Jenkins; Kerr; Lawardorn; Lee; Linton; Lonie; McConnell; Morgan; Morrison; Murphy; O'Leary; Paton; Pratt; Robb; Williams

Offline jaybees

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BROUGHTON Photo - Does anyone recognise this Character
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 21 January 10 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Hullo Jamjar !!

Thanks for your interest in the photo.    No, I haven't shown the photo on the Australian Board because  I am not interested in that phase of his life.   I probably made a bit of a boo-boo by not stating that, to my knowledge he went under at least five Christian Name Alia's and I therefore deliberately left them out of the 'post' in the hope that someone may be able to recognise him and give me his birth Christian Name.

Jim