Author Topic: bozeat baptisms  (Read 9249 times)

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: bozeat baptisms
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 17:41 GMT (UK) »
well ive tried looking for the boys but no avail, not sure where to look and cant really find anything, i did find a richard gee married elizabeth steeden 1799 at hinton in the hedges in northants but i dont even know if its the right person so im better off giving up. cant find anything else. thanks for everyones help on this. ive come to a stop on nearly all my tree, i think i will take up doing a puzzle ??? ???

Offline bedfordshire boy

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 18:18 GMT (UK) »
If it was easy it wouldn't be half the fun!
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Beds:   Cople: Luke/Spencer
            Everton: Hale
            Henlow: Cooper/Watts/Sabey/Rook
            Potton:  Merrill
            Southill: Faulkner/Litchfield/Sabey/Rook
            Woburn/Husborne Crawley: Surkitt
Hunts:   Gt Gransden: Merrill/Chandler/Medlock
            Toseland: Surkitt/Hedge/Corn         
Cambs: Bourn: Bowd
            Eltisley: Medlock
            Graveley: Ford/Revell

Offline KARTRIX

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 18:25 GMT (UK) »
thats true lol. ive tried everything though and just dont know what else to do, so puzzles it is from tomorrow. lol

Offline doclee

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 11:06 BST (UK) »
Dear Kartrix,

I don't know how deeply you wish to go to establish the absolute actuality of members of this branch of the family, but, if you do not know of it already, you might find that the Girdlestone Archive in the Lincoln County Library could be useful in giving an overview view of the family.  The archive was collected, produced and donated by Terence Elliot Girdlestone, the last of the line descended from Elizabeth Kezia Skevington Parker (nee Gee), grand-daughter of Richard Gee (1756-1811) via his son, William (1795-1872).  It contains much original documentation particularly photographs and, more importantly, 2 family trees which Terence produced.  Unfortunately he didn't include any provenances but it provides the basis of a search. 

Both trees go back to Edward Gee (d. Feb. 1826), Keziah Skevington's father-in-law, and to Samuel Richardson, her grandfather.  One of the trees contains such chatty information as Charlotte Gee "had an illegitimate daughter called Emma".  The index of contents is available on line but you have to purchase whatever you wish to see. 

The archive was of great help to me as it pointed the way forward, enabling me to get the Skevington side of my ancestry back to the 14th Century.  I, by the way, descend from William Gee (1795-1872) via his daughter, Salome Nundy Victoria Gee.  If it is particularly the Gee side of the family in whom you are interested, there is a site, GeeRoots, run from California.   

Best wishes,

doclee
Bloodworth (Lincs.), Rousell (Dorset), Lee (Liverpool), Moore (Notts.), Gee (Yorks./Northants.), Skeffington/Skevington (Leics./Beds.)