Author Topic: Sarah Sherlock birth lookup  (Read 1437 times)

Offline Ezyka

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Sarah Sherlock birth lookup
« on: Tuesday 19 January 10 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello.  Is anyone able to look up Sarah Jane Sherlock possibly born in Jersey in abt.1856?  I'd like to order her certificate but need to make sure she was definately born in Jersey as it varies on the census.  I've also got a query on the telephone number of the Jersey record office.  I tried to ring the number I was given but it kept saying unobtainable.  Do I need to put a code in front for Jersey?

Thanks
Erica

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Sarah Sherlock birth lookup
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 19:56 GMT (UK) »
Just to that warn you certificates from Jersey cost £20 and I don't know if they charge a search fee, if you go through the Archive they will. There are 12 parishes to look through but I can tell you that she does not appear to have been baptised in St Helier as the baptism records are on-line and I can't see her.

The code for telephoning Jersey is 01534 but if you leave it a few days I or another researcher on this site will have a look to see if she is there.

Offline la grande-méthe

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 20:00 GMT (UK) »
Just to add that there are baptisms for a Francis Edward (1848-1855) and an Eliza Jane (1841-1848) Sherlock.

www.jerseyheritagetrust.jeron.je

Offline Ezyka

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 20:04 GMT (UK) »
Thats interesting.  I'll have a look at the site.  I haven't got that far on the Sherlock side.  I've found her on the census but wanted to see her birth cert to confirm.

Erica