Author Topic: Buckinghamshire, southern part. Barlow, Moore, Hobbs, Janes, Munday, & others.  (Read 8495 times)

Offline vita 1956

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
My father lines all come from around the south Bucks area. I have also done a couple of other connected tree who like wise have many families from around this same area. More than willing to share any information. Have some parish records for Lane End, Cadmore End, Ipstone, Hughenden & Bledlow Ridge.
Some other of the many names I have are Hatt, Easden, Plumridge, Seymour, Oxlade, Carr, Druce.
Please feel free to ask for help even if name is not on list, or if you think you may have information on any mentioned. Thanks.

Offline The snooper

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Buckinghamshire, southern part. Barlow, Moore, Hobbs, Janes, Munday, & others.
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 January 10 19:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vita,

I am always on the look out for the surname FLORIDA first found in Radnage, Bucks in 1760, but any further finds would be most welcome. I am also on the look out for William and Elizabeth BRITTEN or descendants. They married in West Wycombe in 1827 and I cannot find hide nor hair of them after that - Elizabeth was a FLORIDA from Radnage,

All the best and thanks for looking,

The snooper
Surnames being researched
FLORIDA/ANSTEE - Anywhere in UK,
YOUNG - Somerset and S Wales,
CLUCAS - IoM  and London,
BROOKS - Somerset and London,
MOULD - Northants,
EVEREST - Sussex,
CHARLES - S Wales,
CROSBY - London,
JAQUES - York,
FLETCHER - Welsh borders,
MAGGS - Somerset,
LAWRENCE- Pembroke,
PREECE - Herefordshire,
TAUBMAN - IoM,
CRIDLAND - Somerset,
BENGOUGH - Herefordshire,
BARTRAM - Notts and Sheffield

Offline vita 1956

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Buckinghamshire, southern part. Barlow, Moore, Hobbs, Janes, Munday, & others.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 January 10 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello, the Snooper,
Sorry I do not have any Radnage or West Wycombe records, but I checked my others, and sorry but nothing for either Florida or Britten, including different ways to spell them.
The only nearest detail I could find were marriages in High Wycombe a Susanna Brittin in 1713, John Britton in 1764 & Sarah Britton 1771. I do not know if you records go back far enough to find any possible connection to your family?
I did also look on th BMD and found some death records for Brittens in Bucks but they was only William Britten born 1801, died in Aylesbury 1882, Jonathan Britton of Kensington, born 1793 died 1877 in Abingdon, Oxford & Sarah Britton born 1847 died 1866 Eton, Bucks.
On census I found a Charles Florida born about 1817, a chair maker born High Wycombe, but could not find him on the 1841 census to find out his family or if there was any connection to the area in or around Radnage.
So the Brittens & Floridas either emigrated, moved from the area and gave wrong place of birth, died, or possibly used another name, it does happen. Unless they moved from the area long enough before the 1841 that those born in Bucks had died.
William & Elizabeth, I also found no trace, I tried any possible mistakes in name, but nothing, so I can only assume they emigrated, changed name, gave wrong place of birth, or the most likely, both died before 1837.
Again sorry I was no help, regards Vita.

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 January 10 07:46 GMT (UK) »
There was a chairmaker C S Florida recorded in Plymouth in 1866, 1871 and 1882. Also another chairmaker, James Britton, in Bath 1833, 1839 and 1844.
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline The snooper

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 23 January 10 09:46 GMT (UK) »
Thanks both for looking for Floridas and Brittens.

The C S Florida in Devon is one of the clan and I have further info on him. The Britten line is a real mystery - the William Britten born 1801 and died in Bucks in 1882 is possible I suppose but it would mean he married at 17years old and Elizabeth (FLORIDA) was 37 - quite an age gap.

Cheers

The snooper

MOULD - Northants,
EVEREST - Sussex,
CHARLES - S Wales,
CROSBY - London,
JAQUES - York,
MAGGS - Somerset,
LAWRENCE- Pembroke,
PREECE - Herefordshire,
TAUBMAN - IoM,
CRIDLAND - Somerset,

Offline vita 1956

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 January 10 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
Sorry you put their marriage as 1827, so he would be 26, however that's a bit irrelevant as I cannot find him on the 1881 or 1871 census. Maybe they really did have a thing against their name, and used something else. If anything helpful does crop up, I will let you know.

Offline The snooper

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 January 10 17:18 GMT (UK) »

Yes, thanks, I must have been having a senior moment he would have been 26/7 not 16/7 so could be him but, as you say, I have not been able to find them on any of the census records either. As you must have gathered they are not a direct line but of interest because I would like to find as many FLORIDA descendants as I can out of interest.

Cheers

The Snooper
MOULD - Northants,
EVEREST - Sussex,
CHARLES - S Wales,
CROSBY - London,
JAQUES - York,
MAGGS - Somerset,
LAWRENCE- Pembroke,
PREECE - Herefordshire,
TAUBMAN - IoM,
CRIDLAND - Somerset,

Offline armorelle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
My father lines all come from around the south Bucks area. I have also done a couple of other connected tree who like wise have many families from around this same area. More than willing to share any information. Have some parish records for Lane End, Cadmore End, Ipstone, Hughenden & Bledlow Ridge.
Some other of the many names I have are Hatt, Easden, Plumridge, Seymour, Oxlade, Carr, Druce.
Please feel free to ask for help even if name is not on list, or if you think you may have information on any mentioned. Thanks.

Offline debbie_dw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 10 June 10 12:32 BST (UK) »
Hi I am after any info on a Jabez Janes b 1821, he came out to Victoria Australia in the early 1850's and had 7 children with a Maria Ann Goldsmith then in the 1870's he disappeared, can anyone help please