Author Topic: Elizabeth Moore - Guernsey  (Read 3634 times)

Offline Ida Mae

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Elizabeth Moore - Guernsey
« on: Saturday 23 January 10 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Is it possible to find a birth record for Elizabeth Moore born ca. 1811 in Guernsey, parents were Christopher Moore and Frances Needham.  This is the only information I have on her birth.  Elizabeth Moore was married to Thomas Betts 31 Oct 1831 in Dublin Ireland, They came to the U.S. in 1865 and settled in Nebraska where she died in 1892.  Thank you for any help you can give me.
Betts  Kilkenny, Dublin
Moore

Offline Ida Mae

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Moore - Guernsey
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 February 10 04:28 GMT (UK) »
I just received Elizabeth Moore's obituary.  According to her age when she died, she would have been born around 1805-06.  I also found an IGA listing for a Everelder Shanley Moore b. 28 Jan 1809, christening; 6 Feb 1809 Saint Peter Port, Guernsey, Channel Islands.  It lists her mother as Frances Moore but dosnt give fathers name.  Can someone do a look up in the Saint Peter Port for Elizabeth Moore?
Betts  Kilkenny, Dublin
Moore

Offline RKM

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Elizabeth Moore - Guernsey
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 May 12 16:09 BST (UK) »
Did you resolve your questions?  I ask since I am a descedent of Archibald Powers Moore + ? Adakaines of Guernsey.  According to an enigmatic letter my mother received from a Guernsey relative, Archibald may have been the illegitimate son of Miss ? Moore + ? Powers (a surgeon at Belvedere Fort).  We've not found any other confirmation of this.  Does it tie in with any information you've uncovered?