Author Topic: Stirlingshire Cemetery Photos. Any Burden or Abercrombie graves, etal.  (Read 17317 times)

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Stirlingshire Cemetery Photos. Any Burden or Abercrombie graves, etal.
« on: Wednesday 27 January 10 10:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello, I'm in Australia and I am wondering if any one has any photos of Abercrombie, Burden or Burden married Milne gravesites, specifically in Stirling itself. Obviously, I can't access Scots sites etc. And I dare to guess I never will be able to go there. My Scots cousin is an Eadie adventurer & genealogist, he has little time to do the Abercrombie / Burden 'bit'. My immediate Burden folks were brewers in Stirling. The family from the Abercrombie, Ure, Yuill, Rae, Taylor, Thomson & it went on from there. I have a huge resource on these families & am willing to share via ancestry.com site. I have tried to eliminate gros data.

Thank you, Bron (of the Burden Bannatyne)

A little bit of history is:
A Lair (of Peter Burden) photo is attached. But other relatives must exist somewhere in the Old Stirling Graveyard? Maybe elswhere? Transcription is at end.

1756 17 Jan Birth of Elizabeth Abercrombie. Daughter of Henry Abercrombie and Margaret Ure.
St Ninians, Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland,
 3 Jun 1787 Age: 31 Marriage to Peter Burden
St Ninians, Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
03/06/1787 ABERCROMBIE ELIZABETH PETER BURDEN/ blah blah .... 0359. ScotlandsPeople GROS Database. 1837 12 Feb Age: 81 Death
Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
St Ninians.

Spouse & Children
Peter Burden 1752 – 1829 Husband.
Peter Burden 1788 – 1843
Henry Burden 1791 – 1871 (died in Troy, NY, USA)
James Burden 1795 – 1863
William Burden 1797 – 1827

Memorial erected by Ann nee: Eadie, Burden. Source- A.Eadie Genealogist / Photo. 03/06/1787 ABERCROMBIE ELIZABETH PETER BURDEN/F blah de blah F St Ninians /STIRLING blah blah blah ....2 source citation; Family Researcher Eadie etal1837
 Burial
Stirling Old, Graveyard, St Ninians, Stirling, Stirlingshire
Stirling Old, Graveyard, Son Peter Burden, Lair. Stirling Old, Graveyard.

Stirling Old Cemetery, St Ninians, Stirling, Stirlingshire, Scotland, United Kingdom Source: Andrew Eadie of Scotland. And his recent pics on sites & burial grounds. Gravestone erected by Ann Eadie for associated Family members. ---- And inclusive of those who died after. " Erected in Memory of her husband John Burden. Died 1 July 1852 33 years .... his Mother Ann McLay died October 27 1820 ..... his Father Peter Burden died 23 November 1843..... his Grand Father Peter Burden died 1829... his Grand Mother Elizabeth Abercrombie died 1837.... Margaret Rae Wife of Peter Burden... .. Died leaving one child John Rae Burden or Rae BURDEN. More likely due to contraindications of having a child at the time. Ann Eadie Wife of John Burden... And William Burden 1837-1904." Some early inscriptions were very hard to read. Source: Andrew Eadie of Scotland. And his recent pics on sites & burial grounds.
Burden, Bannatyne, Eadie, Dalgeish, Thomson, Rae, Muir, McCartney, McArthur

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
Re: Stirlingshire Cemetery Photos. Any Burden or Abercrombie graves, etal.
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 10:53 GMT (UK) »
Try this site.
Excellent.
If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll go looking for you, weather permitting.
Dave

http://www.memento-mori.co.uk/

Added... If for some reason you cannot access the site, please let me know - I'll forward your mail to the owner of the site.
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline apanderson

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bron,

According to the Mitchell's pre-1855 Monumental Inscription Book, the stone in the photo is in Holy Rude Kirkyard in Stirling.

Holy Rude Kirkyard is beside Stirling Castle, right in the heart of Stirling whereas St. Ninian's is ....... in St. Ninians (about a mile or two outside Stirling city centre).

Anne

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Try this site.
Excellent.
If they don't have what you're looking for, they'll go looking for you, weather permitting.
Dave

Thank you, I am currently unemployed and a Carer. I have no spare money. I have seen the page though. Sorry and thank you. Bron.

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bron,

According to the Mitchell's pre-1855 Monumental Inscription Book, the stone in the photo is in Holy Rude Kirkyard in Stirling.

Holy Rude Kirkyard is beside Stirling Castle, right in the heart of Stirling whereas St. Ninian's is ....... in St. Ninians (about a mile or two outside Stirling city centre).

Anne

Many thanks for this. My Cousin Andrew photo. He took it a few years ago I think. I will change reference though. Bron

Offline daval57

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Christmas 2011. My daughter Clare with me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:19 GMT (UK) »
At least you can search the site for free bron.  It would tell you whether graves exist and their location.
-------------------
FORREST (Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Stirlingshire and Dunbartonshire)
ROONEY (Co Down, Co Antrim) 
BORTHWICK, FORTUNE, BARKER, SIVES (Lothians)
ANDERSON (Moray, Caithness)

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:49 GMT (UK) »
And I will keep searching. Many thanks, Bron

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 11:52 GMT (UK) »
At least you can search the site for free bron.  It would tell you whether graves exist and their location.

Wow, the site has changed from circa 2005. All I had then were pdf files. thank you so much for the little kick along.

Bron

Offline b1b2j3

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 January 10 23:38 GMT (UK) »
From Cousin photographer.

Bron,

This gravestone is in what is described as the Stirling (Old) Cemetery and is in the immediate neighbourhood of the Holy Rude Church that was the Parish Church for the Burgh of Stirling. There can be confusion as there is also the Parish of St Ninians that adjoins the parish to the south in what is now Stirling.