Author Topic: Is anyone researching the Veal family?  (Read 1211 times)

Offline PeterRG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Is anyone researching the Veal family?
« on: Thursday 28 January 10 19:59 GMT (UK) »
My grandfather, John Alexander Fraser, is shown in the 1881 living in Surrey with John and Margaret Morgan.  Both John and Margaret were born in Buckinghamshire before 1837, John in Winslow and Margaret in Wingrave.  My grandfather’s birth place is India.  In the 1891 census, he is still living with the Morgans but is now recorded as a grandnephew.  I found his mother, Margaret Dorothea Nisbitt, and father, John Richard Fraser, in India and his maternal grandparents, John William Nisbitt and Elizabeth Veal.  I am wondering if I can conclude that Margaret and Elizabeth were sisters (hence the description grandnephew) and if so who were their siblings and parents?  I have found a marriage between John Morgan and Margaret Veal in 1860 in Potterspury and they appear in the 1861, 1871, 1881, 1891 and 1901 censuses.  I cannot find Elizabeth and Margaret Veal in the 1841 and 1851 censuses so wonder if the family was in India then (if so, why did Margaret return to England?).  Is anyone else researching the VEAL family who could help out?
Thanks.