Author Topic: Silkstone Parish Record Look Up  (Read 4855 times)

Offline cyberangel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Silkstone Parish Record Look Up
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 04 July 10 20:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Wendy,
I too am researching Mary Dyson born c1824 Thurgoland, according to various censuses, but only because she married my 2GGFather John Thompson after his wife Martha Styram/Styron died. I am born through Martha.

Samuel Wragg married Ann Dyson 10 Oct 1831 in Ecclesfield Parish Church.

I have recorded the following...

1841 Census...Mary Dyson lived with Samuel & Ann Wragg (Ann being Mary's Mother) in New Wire Mills, Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England, aged 15yrs. and was born in Yorkshire, England.

1851 Census...Mary Crawshaw lived with her Husband & Parents in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England, aged 26yrs. and was born in Thurgoland, York., England.

1861 Census...Mary Crawshaw was staying with her parents, Samuel & Ann Rag, in Spring Row, Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England, aged 35yrs. and was born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.

7 Nov 1870...Mary Crawshaw was living in Thurgoland at the time of her second marriage to John Thompson, she aged 46yrs.
Thomas Crawshaw was a Witness at the wedding.

1871 Census...Mary Thompson lived in Ramsden Row, Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England, aged 45yrs. and born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.
Also living there was Grandson William Crawshaw, aged 4yrs. and Grandaughter Ada Crawshaw, aged 1yr. both born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.

1881 Census...Mary Thompson lived in Ramsden Row, Thurgoland, Yorkshire, aged 50yrs! and was born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.

1891 Census...Mary Thompson lived at 15 Croll Lane, Huddersfield (Holy Trinity Parish), Yorkshire, England, aged 66yrs., a Laundress & Widow born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.
Also staying was Grandaughter Ada Crawshaw, aged 21yrs., unmarried and also born in Thurgoland, Yorkshire, England.
Also Daughter Emily Heap and family.

Mary Dyson married Joseph Crowshaw Sep Quarter 1847 Ecclesfield Registration District  Ref. Vol 22  Pg109 I have recorded 8 children.

I thought Ann Wadsworth to be Mary's mother...

Kindest regards,
Angela

Offline wendyg

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Silkstone Parish Record Look Up
« Reply #10 on: Monday 05 July 10 19:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Angela - many thanks for your reply. I have the census info but did not know when Ann remarried - Samuel Wragg - thanks for that. I too am guessing that Ann Wadsworth is Mary's mother but can find no trace of her birth. I follow the Crawshaw line  - from Joseph and Mary. Brick wall with Joseph - all I know is his father was Christopher. Once again - thank you - it was so kind of you - let me know if you come across Mary's birth.
Regards Wendy
 :D